♣Chapter 53♣

Adiva's P.O.V:-

"Hey, girlie, what's up?" I quickly hide my painting as soon as I hear Khristina's voice, as she ambles into the art room. "Why did you hide it?" She scowls raising her voice.

"Shh....." I place my finger on my lips, gesturing her to keep quiet, while getting up from my stool and walking towards her. I drag her by her wrist and make her sit on another stool while I sit on mine. "It's a surprise for Zacharias. I plan on gifting him on his birthday." I reveal, placing her hand in mine.

"Wow! Really? Now I definitely want to see it." She jumps excitingly.

"Oh...No...No...No...You can't." I jump in front of her.

"Why?" She pouts, resting her hand on her waist.

"Cause I want Zacharias to be the one to see it first.."

"Oooo" She whistles. "How far are you done with it?"

"It's almost done...Just some final touches are left to be given."

"There are still two months for his birthday. You have got ample of time with you."

I shake my head, "No, I have to complete it by today so that I can have my complete attention towards my exams."

"Oh yes right...How far are you done with your studies? And what about your project?"

"I'm done with the project. Will submit it before the exams. And about studies, I am still on it. After Zacharias's accident and all, I got so busy in all those things that I haven't touched my books for a week." I sigh before I ask, "What about you?"

"Yeah right. Even I was unable to focus on anything. I couldn't study, even if I tried to. I felt as if I was going crazy...He really gave us quite a fret there."

"I would have not been able to live if anything worse would have happened to him that day....I can't live without him Khristina...I can't imagine my life without him..." A lone tear escapes my eyes, as I vent out, my gaze fixated on my hands resting on my lap.

It has been a week since I realized my feelings for my husband. It was at that time when his chopper was sabotaged and he had gone missing, that I realized how deep my feelings ran for him. It was that day, realization hit me like a truck and I realized, that I have fallen in love with my husband. So much, that it hurts....It hurts to the point where my life ceases to exists without him.

Chuckling to myself, I wipe the tears with the back of my hand, "I am sounding crazy right now, aren't I?" I speak, looking at her.

She smiles warmly, shaking her head. "No, you aren't. I understand what you are feeling." She pats my hand in understanding.

"You tell me, you want something from me?" I inquire, diverting the topic.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Tomorrow you'll be accompanying me to the university right?"

"Why, yes...I've to exchange some books from the library and a lecture or two to attend."

"Perfect." She rubs her hands. "You remember Steven, right? My friend from high school?"

"Yeah...The guy we met outside the university a few days ago."

"Yes, him. He called me a while ago and asked me for a lunch with him tomorrow, as he will be leaving back to London the following night. So, it's kinda you know...A farewell lunch."

I know where this is going, "Khristina..." I try to speak.

"No! You can't say no...." She interrupts me. "I am not gonna hear anything other than yes from you."