♣Chapter 57♣

Adiva's P.O.V:-

"Zacharias?" I call out looking at him.

"Yes love?" He answers looking back at me.

We are currently at the beach facing the villa, sitting on the recliners, Zacharias with his back resting against its headrest side of the recliner, his leg spread on the front with me on his lap, my legs resting on his either side as I face him.

"I want to know about you" I express my wish.

Hearing me, he sighs grazing his palms on my shoulders. "What do you want to know?"

"Everything. I want to know everything about you"

Exhaling out a breath, he rests his head against my shoulder, taking a deep breath, as if he is tranquilizing himself. Pulling away he looks into my expectant eyes.

"Our family was the most feared mafia in Russia. My father, my great grandfathers, were all in the mafia. You see, its been passed on through generations. The Russian mafia is known as the most ruthless mafia in the whole world. There is always a feeling of dread amongst people when they hear the name of Russian mafia.

They dealt in every illegal business from illegal trading of weapons, drugs, smuggling to even trafficking of human beings on sex trade."

I flinch at his words. 'God, they even dealt with human trafficking....How treacherous they might have been?'

"They were the real monsters...They never thought twice before killing even an innocent human being. Life of others meant like a weightless paper to them. They would commit genocide on a large scale without a slightest tinge of remorse. The words cruel and ruthless couldn't justify their barbarity. Women were treated like animals. They were treated like shit. Raped, abused and beaten to death. Women were their fuck toys, a mere flesh, their means of pleasure. They had no say in the family. Their only duty was to bear an heir to the mafia throne and nothing else.

But soon things started to change when the throne was bequeathed by my grandfather. My Ded. Like the rest of the others, he too was trained to be a heartless monster, and he was a monster indeed, until my grandma entered his life. He always used to say, she changed him for good. She made him a better man."

"How did they meet?" I inquire curiously.

A small smile plays on his lips. Placing a kiss on my forehead he continues. "Well, my grandma had just turned 17. It was her 17th birthday. Her so called friends had dragged her to a club to celebrate her birthday only to ditch her in the middle of the night. She was left alone. Scared and lonely amongst those scary and horny bastards in the club. She didn't had a ride back home, cause it were her friends who had dragged her with them in their cars. So she thought of walking alone back to her apartment in the middle of the night. That was when she was abducted my these monsters to be sold in a sex trafficking ring.

Call it a fate or whatever, but my ded  had come to get a girl for himself in that same auction. When my grandma was brought on the stage, he didn't knew what came over him, but the sudden urge to claim her possessed him when he saw her kneeling on the floor with barely any clothes on her body, her black hairs curtaining her beautiful face, as she tried to protect herself from all those hungry eyes. He had the sudden urge to buy her, and without thinking twice, he pushed the BID button. Turned out that it was my ded's best friend and second in command Ilaya Sullivan, one of the men who abducted my babushka on the night of her birthday."

'Sullivan? Isn't he the one who had ordered our kidnapping?'

My thoughts are interrupted when Zacharias continues speaking. "She was brought in front of my grandfather. But she was a feisty one, who gave one hell of a fight as they dragged her towards my ded. Ded couldn't help but get attracted  towards her beauty and her feisty personality. She was supposed to be used as a personal pleasure by my grandfather, but he couldn't bring himself to do that to her. He didn't even realized when did he started to care for her. It didn't take long for him to eventually fall in love with her. They both fell hard for each other. My babushka brought out the good side in him and turned him into a better human.