♣Chapter 71♣

Zacharias had an important meeting at his office related to his latest project of installation of software into the devices to spy on your enemies. This was his latest project on the Russian military's request. This was a confidential project only known to the top officials working on it and of course his brothers. But this morning something felt amiss when he opened the file. No, the papers were properly clipped and were placed in order but as he turned the pages, he found a slight brownish tint at the corner of one of the pages. You wouldn't notice it if you won't observe keenly.

Adiva's words flashed in his mind. "He monitors my every move."

Now, that was only possible with the help of only this spyware. That meant some insider dared to steal his patent. His suspicions were confirmed when he hacked into Adiva's phone, and indeed his own technology was used to spy on her. The perpetrator got the help from the insider. But the role of the insider was yet unknown as to how much he played the part in this malicious plan.

His orders on going through the company's camera tapes had already been put in action. And he was waiting for the results as he started going through Adiva's phone history, mails, texts and records discreetly without letting the stalker know that someone else too had hacked into her phone.

There were messages. Lots of messages from the bastard. Some were threatening ones, ordering her to keep herself away from me or the alleged video will be leaked. Some were dirty as fuck with porn video's with an underlying message that he would do the same things with her....

"Fuck!"  Zacharias growled punching his fists on the hard surface of the table rattling the things set on it. Anger coursed through his veins as he remembered the always panic stricken, and alarmed look whenever he would come closer to her yearning for her touch, or whenever there was a beep on her phone. Her terrifying screams spoke volumes whenever she woke up from her horrifying nightmares.

Zacharias looked into the date on which the bug was placed into her phone. It was close to something a month before. Close to when they last got intimate. But he couldn't be sure if that swine had plagiarized their private moment.

The camera took twenty four hours to set after the bug was planted and twelve hours for the hearing device to start working. Another fatality of this spyware was, once it was fitted into someone's phone, and if that person realizes that he is being spied, he cannot take out the card or throw the phone away, both leading to a baneful explosion, resulting in the death of the person.

This was especially designed keeping the enemies in mind. He never thought that this would fall into wrong hands even after due diligence. For the first time in his grown up years, he felt  a shudder of fear running through him, as he realized the danger Adiva was in. she was literally walking with a suicide bomb in her hand, only if she knew.

He could only breath in relief that she didn't dare to remove the sim card or throw away the phone in dread or anger. Realizing the perilous situation she was in, he had to act fast to keep her safe as well as to get rid of the phone. But for now, he had to alert her, any how.

The knock on the door prompted him to click his screen shut before allowing the person to enter. Charlie walked in with an envelope in his hand.

"Sir, the delivery man just dropped this envelope on the reception desk. Emily brought it up."

Zacharias dismissed him after he handed him the envelope. The blood drained through his veins as soon as he emptied the contents of the envelope. Pressing his button, he ordered Charlie to get hold of the delivery man, before he started scanning each photo scattered on his table.

Adiva getting into a taxi, walking in and out of restaurant. Smiling and enjoying her date. But he knew her and read her like an open book. Every picture showed her tensed shoulders, her tightened fists, her forced smiles and a photo of her on the verge of crying in that disgusting red dress.