♣Chapter 20♣

Reyhan's P.O.V

I wipe the tear from the corner of my eye as I watch my baby sister in a wedding dress, ready to get married. Her one hand locked in my arm and the other with baba, as we walked towards the stage. "Everything is gonna be fine." I assured her squeezing her hand as I watched her distressed. Unfortunately, I couldn't get to see the groom as I was so pressed under the work pressure that I couldn't come for any of her functions. I would be the first brother on earth who didn't knew who his sister was getting married to. Thanks to God that I could at least reach before her wedding.

The whole marriage rituals had started when I got an important call that consumed my 15 minutes. 'Oh God the nikah might be over by now' I thought, while quickening my pace. As I started getting closer, I heard a gunshot with people screaming and running around. Panicked, I ran towards my family.

"What's going on?" I probed as I came forward pushing people around me. What I saw literally shook the floor under my legs. "Kabir??" I was shocked to see the face of that bastard that I never wanted to see. "Well now look who is here...Long time no see my traitor friend..." He spoke maniacally, pointing the gun in my direction. My attention quickly diverted towards my sister to find her in her groom's arms. A relief washed over me to find her safe. I felt like I have seen this guy somewhere. But why was she struggling in his arms? Isn't he her groom?

I didn't get the time to process anything when I heard a gunshot. But before I could realize anything, I saw baba collapsing on the floor clutching his chest, as blood started oozing out. I ran in his direction while screaming out his name. Another shock was received when suddenly Kabir caught hold of Adiva. 'No! God No! Please help us....' We tried distracting him to reach Adiva as he pressed the gun on her temple making her cry more, when out of a sudden her groom kicked him hard on his face resulting in loosening his grip on Adiva. She ran towards us while her groom kept on punching him leaving his face bruised and battered.

"Get the swine" He growled, when men in black suits came out of nowhere grabbing him and dragging him away. I got up to call an ambulance, but soon saw an ambulance in front of the gate, while the paramedics and some men in black suits walking towards us. They shifted baba on a gurney before putting him in the ambulance. I reached Amma, Mom and Ziya and engulfed them in a hug as they cried hysterically. "Everything will be alright" I tried to assure them.

"No! Reyhan No! He took my baby....He took our Adiva..." Amma was screaming as she cried making me confused. "Who Amma?" I asked. "The one who married her" She replied. I realized she was behaving out of shock. "Amma let's talk about this later, let's first take baba to the hospital. Okay?" She nodded her head as we ran towards the ambulance.

The doctors soon took him to the operation theater as soon as we reached the hospital while we waited outside. After another agonizing two hours, the doctor walked out of the operation room making us bolt in his direction. "How is he doctor?" Dad inquired. "There is no need to worry, he is out of danger now..... He is lucky that the bullet had hit just below his shoulder much closer to the heart. We have removed the bullet. He will gain consciousness by tomorrow morning and will soon be shifted in one of the VIP rooms.....I'll come in the morning to check upon him. Now please if you all excuse me..." With that said, the doctor took his leave. We thanked God sighing in relief.

"Reyhan, our Adiva is still under that man's hold. How are we going to rescue her?" Amma asked turning towards me.

"Amma, pray tell me, is he not the man who was supposed to marry her?" I was confused as hell.

"No! Son No!" Amma replied crying.

"Then who is this man that married her?"

"He is Mr. Zacharias Ivanov, one of the richest man in the world. Also, the one who tended to her when she was injured. Elder brother to Khristina Ivanov." I turned my head in the direction of the voice to find Riya walking towards us with her parents.