♣Chapter 43♣

"Guys, this time there is a slight change in the pattern. Unlike every time where you had to submit your projects before your mid term exams, this time we have a slight change. You will be given a week after your final paper to submit your projects, so that students can wholly and solely concentrate on their exams. That doesn't mean you won't be working on your projects. It would be better if you all complete half of your project work before your exams. A week given to you after your exams is your grace period. You are free to choose your partner for the projects." Professor Arnold's baritone voice echoes in the classroom.

Just then I hear my phone vibrate. Fetching it out from my pocket, a smile forms on my lips, as I look at the name....The owner of my smile- My Husband. Quickly opening the message box, I tap open his message. 

"Come straight to my office after your classes. Missed seeing my wife's beautiful face..."

I am grinning from ear to ear as I read his message. 'Liar. Didn't we had a face talk in the morning?'

Zacharias had been on a business trip to France and it had been a complete one hell of a week. I was missing him, missing my husband terribly. His warmth, his touch, his kisses, his everything.

My fingers quickly work on typing back a reply, "Okay. See you at lunch. I'll bring a take out, so wait for me.."

I groan inwardly, when I feel a light jab in my abdomen as I hit the send button. I rather look irritatingly to see my friend Clementia gesturing me towards the front. I follow her eyes to find professor Arnold giving me an annoying look. Now, as I pay attention, I find the whole class turned into a silent mode, their all attention turned towards me.

"Is there something more interesting that you have discovered, rather than paying attention in the class Ms. Fakih?" He asks quirking his eyebrow, daring me to answer.

'Dammit! Why the hell is he always after me? Now what do I answer him?'

This is the umpteenth time in the last three months that he had picked upon me...The class was already over and this guy had already consumed our five minutes by now....What does this man actually want from me? 

"Miss. Fakih I am talking to you..." His voice breaks my chain of thoughts.

"Huh?"

He peers at me with a look of pure vexation, "Meet me after the class..." 

I scoff internally. Like hell I am going to...My husband is waiting for me, and he is more important to me than this annoying professor. And I am not gonna waste a single moment listening to his rants...To hell with him. I don't care. I am just gonna sneak out through the crowd, before he notices me.

"Clementia" I call my friend in a whispering tone, as soon as the professor goes back to his boring lecture.

"What?" She whispers back.

"We are going to sneak out through the crowd as soon as the class is over." 

"But Adiva, he has asked you to wait after the lecture.."

I look at her in a fit of pique, "I rather meet a devil, but not him."

She giggles softly before whispering okay. After another torturing five minutes, he finally announces that the class is over. The students start leaving. I nod my head gesturing my friend to move and sneak out of the class as fast as possible.

I heave a sigh of relief, as soon as we cross the hallway.

"Why did you do that?" Clementia asks.

"Seriously Clementia? Out of all the people, you are the one asking me that question, when you very well know that he never stops to cease an opportunity to either annoy me or embarrass me in front of everyone?" I retort, shaking my head unbelievably.