♣Chapter 4♣

It was 8 in the morning when we landed at John .F. Kennedy International Airport..Finally!  We got down the plane and after getting done with the immigration security check we went towards the casserole waiting for our baggage. We got all our baggage and exited the airport. We were already informed that there will be a volunteer from the organization who would be there to pick us up at the airport. We soon spotted him holding a placard with our names printed on it and started moving towards him.

"From India right?" the man asked as we stopped in front of him. "Yes" Mrs. Rose answered to which he sighed smiling at us. "Hello I am Jackson, your guide till your stay at New York. Welcome to New York city" he said smiling at us as he shook our hands and guided us towards the car. He opened the boot of the car and kept all our luggage before opening the door guiding us inside the car. We slid inside Mrs. Rose sitting at front while we both sat behind.

"Please make yourself comfortable. It's an hour long drive to the hotel" Jackson said as he closed the door. "This is so exciting I can't wait to explore the whole city" Riya chirped happily beside me. Jackson chuckled and said that he will be there for our services to guide us through the city. We all sat silently enjoying the view as the car passed by beautiful buildings, cars and sceneries as we reached the hotel.

 "We are here" Jackson's voice brought me out of my trance. We quickly got down and started trailing behind Jackson as we pulled our luggage inside the hotel  awing the entrance lobby. "You liked it?" Jackson asked. "Like it? We love it. It's so beautiful" Riya chirped. Indeed! I thought as I turned my head in all directions.

There was a grand reception desk and a beautiful blond receptionist sitting behind the computer screen busy typing something on her computer. There were beautiful potted plant in each corner. A beautiful crystal chandelier that hung through the attractively designed ceiling, big lavish couches on each side for the people to sit comfortably with a fluorescent ambience that lit the entire lobby.

'Hello how can I help you?" The receptionist asks politely smiling at us as we reach her desk. "Hi we have our reservations under the name of St. Rodriguez International School, India." Mrs. Rose replied. "one minute please" she said, as she typed on her computer. "Yea I got it. Your  ID's and passport please" she says gesturing her hand forward. We quickly dig in our sling bags and hand her our passports and ID's. She again gets busy typing the information on her computer as me and Riya get busy ourselves taking in our surrounding.

"Let's take some pics what say?" Riya says. I shrugging my shoulders "why not?". We take some pictures as we pose for the camera until Mrs. Rose calls us waving the room card in the air. We run towards her and quickly make our way towards the lift as Jackson trails behind us. We were allotted our rooms at 29th floor of the hotel. Jackson pushes the 29th floor button as we enter the lift. The lift dings indicating us that we have reached our floor. Me and Riya share a room while Mrs. Rose room is right next to us.

"Rest now ladies. I will drop by the evening so that we can enjoy some evening snacks. There is a beautiful coffee shop just across the hotel. It has the best coffee and desserts you have ever tasted. Your breakfast has been ordered at your respective rooms..If any problem please feel free to call me and I will be there at your services." He bows lightly smiling at us as he takes his leave.

"Girls common have your breakfast and take rest. We will meet in the evening" Mrs. rose says and, we both comply in unison before entering our rooms. We head inside our room and drop our luggage to get ready for a nice relaxing bath to sooth our sore muscles.

After having a bath, I reach my cell phone and text my parents that we have landed in New York and have checked into the hotel. I receive a text from them second after sending the message.