♣Chapter 77♣

I blink, my vision blurry. I am crying. He looks into my eyes, his laughter grotesque. It doesn't feel real. None of this feels real, and I keep thinking that I am at home asleep on the bed and going through another nightmare and Zacharias will pull me out of this. He will. He always does. I will wake up and realize, this is all some screwed part of my nightmare, my imagination conjuring up this scenario. It's the only logic I find in a situation when nothing else makes sense.

Zacharias had caught Aman and killed him, or at least I thought so. I can't imagine him keeping this monster alive. He was dead. He had to be... Then who is the man standing in front of me? My fear escalates as I look at the man, more terrifying than I ever could have imagined.

'This can't be real' I chant in my head, trying to tell myself.

But it is real.

"No! No! this is not real. You were supposed to the dead. Zacharias was supposed to kill you..." I scream, shaking my head as tears of fear roll down my cheeks.

His laughter ceases. He glares at me before stocking towards me and holds my jaw in a tight grip.

"Oh but this is so real.... And I'm alive..." He sneers.

Pocketing a knife out of his pants he flips it open. Fear grips me, as I fight against the restraints. He is loving my reaction. He is feeding on my fear.

"Wanna hear a story?" He caresses the knife against my cheek, making me shiver at its cool touch as he wickedly grins at me.

I try to move and he clutches me by my throat this time, his palm big enough to choke the life out of me. I am completely powerless against him, against those monsters standing behind him, watching me with their sick perverted eyes. I hiss, when he presses the tip of the blade against my cheek, drawing small amount of blood.

"You don't want that pretty face of yours scarred, now would you?" I glare at him angrily trying to keep my fear at bay. He laughs balefully. "I see, the pretty bird has turned into a fiery cat..."

Pulling a chair, he perches himself in front of me. I am quick to pull my legs up as much as I could, to keep his dirty eyes away from my babies. I can't move. They made sure of that. But I am thankful that I am at least able to move my legs to my will.

"Once upon a time there was a hunter who loved hunting beautiful birds for his own pleasure. It was then, that his eyes fell upon a beautiful golden bird. A rare beauty indeed. He was enraptured by her beauty, and he wanted to have her, anyhow. But the problem was, she was under protection and it was a difficult task to steel the bird from its brood. He was obsessed by her beauty and finally made a plan to snatch her from her brood. He indeed succeeded in that.

He hid her from the world and held her captive in his den where he was able to do anything with her without any hindrance. He loved torturing and hitting the bird in order to acclimate and deviate her into following his will. When he finally thought that he had completely bend her against her will, the bird was snatched from right under his nose by her broods. The hunter had to run for his life and safeguard himself.

For many years he kept his search on in finding the golden bird but failed. Finally, when he thought he had lost her, guess what? To his surprise, he found her back. When he saw her after many years, he realized the golden bird had turned into a beautiful grown up ladybird. It was then that the hunter decided to own her in every way. Deciding to rectify his past mistake, he made a perfect plan to own her in front of the whole world where no one would be able to snatch her again from him. Considering his plan perfect, he started to put his wheels in motion.