♣Chapter 24♣

A cool breeze sweeping over my exposed feet and a sound of gushing waves is what eventually transitions me out of my sleep. Slowly my eyes blink awry, yet my vision is blurry, eyelids heavy.

I can see a dim outline of a huge chasmal opening and outline of a sky ahead of it. I was laying atop something very soft. I acknowledge it as a bed in the back of my mind. With the exception of my feet, the rest of my body is covered under a duvet. I try to get up supporting my body on my elbows. I manage to get rid of the blur from my sight by aiming my ball fists against my gaze. As I blink my eyes open, I am amazed at the sight that greets me.

There are very immense floor to ceiling windows on two sides connecting ninety degrees. I am lying on a large bed. Ahead of me are two large settee's with a large coffee table in the middle that is adorned with beautiful vases carrying lovely red roses and a dazzling chandelier over it. There are two big potted plants near the cornered walls. My gaze infiltrates the huge blue sea through the large glass windows. Ahead of the glass windows is a vast balcony and brown colored sun loungers.

The endless blue sea ahead  of the balcony gives a soothing sensation to my eyes.

'Am I dreaming?'

 I slowly pinch myself and feel the pain. My head feels heavy and my body feels too tired to get up.

'Where am I?'

That's when my eyes fully snap open as my mind is suddenly bombarded with the memories of my family's betrayal. Zacharias dragging me out of the house and hauling me in the car. Him offering me a drug laced water due to which I fell unconscious. I don't know anything after that. It seems that I have woken up now. For how much time was I unconscious? Where the hell am I now?

Only one person has answer to my questions....The Devil himself!!!

A sudden loud knock ensures against the door interrupting my thoughts. A women maybe in mid thirties enters the room, a trolley in her hand as she pushes it inside the room.

"Good morning Mrs. Ivanov, I am Maisie. One of Mr. Ivanov's employee." She greets me as a smile forms on her lips." Mr. Ivanov has ordered for your breakfast."

"Where am I?" I question warily, as she removes the lids upon the breakfast platter.

"You are in one of Mr. Ivanov's ocean side villa's." She answers, as she bends down to place the tray on the bed.

"What's day today?" I again inquire.

"It's Wednesday."

My eyes widen as I realize that I was passed out from the last 36hours. My hands clench into fists at the bed sheet. 'What did that man put into the water making me sleep from last 36 hours?'

"Why am I here? Where is Khristina, Anastasia a-and Mr. Ivanov?"

"They are at the Manor and Mr. Ivanov is in his office at this villa." She replies. "Please have your breakfast." She continues, as she forwards me the plate.