♣Chapter 54♣

Life is all about changes. Some changes are good, some are bad. But some changes....they freeze your thoughts, your surrounding, your life, your everything. They turn you completely numb. This was what yesterday's revelation did to me.

The more I thought about it, the more my mood got stroppy. My appetite was long gone. So leaving the room was out of option. I couldn't just go down and pretend that everything was okay....It was not...They hid such a big secret from me. I couldn't help, but feel disappointed. I thought we were a family. But the most with whom I am disappointed is Zacharias. Between us, he knows every single thing about me. Why is he so discreet? I thought there were no secrets between a couple. Why does all the good things that come into my life have to end?

A knock on the door interrupts my river of thoughts. My gaze follows the door and I see Anastasia entering the room. A small smile playing on her lips. I turn my head away from her. "Hey" I hear her say, but I chose to remain silent. I feel the bed dip as she sits in front of me.

"Adiva, please look at me, talk to me dear....." She coaxes, taking my hand in hers.

"You all have concealed such a big secret from me." I speak after some time.

"I know honey and I am sorry for that. We all are sorry for that." She has a penitent look on her face. 

"I don't think you all even consider me as a family. If that would have been the case, you would have trusted me and would have never veiled such a big thing from me."

"No Adiva. Never let your mind percolate with such stupid thoughts. God! Jesus! How could you even think about that. You became the part of our family, since the moment you saved Khristina. You won't believe me, but from that moment on wards, we have been earnestly entreating to have you as our family. We wanted you to be Zach's wife."

I was surprised at her revelation, as I kept looking at her with my mouth open.

"Then why did you all hid this secret from me?" I again ask.

She exhales heavily. "It's not like we didn't wanted to reveal it to you, but Zacharias had ordered us not to utter a single word in front of you."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Why? And had Steven not kidnapped us, I would have still been kept in a dark."

Ana shakes her head. "No. We did planned on revealing it to you soon. But we never thought that things would turn out to be so ugly. Anyways, it was your husband's place to speak to you on this. But know one thing, we all love and adore you sweetheart. And Zach....He is your husband. He loves you so much that he will never allow any harm to come closer to you. The only reason why we kept this secret under the veil was, because Zach knows what all you've gone through. He didn't wanted to scare you off nor see you in distress. He didn't wanted you to think that you've married a devil..."

I scoff. "Well, isn't he the one? He is a criminal. He kills people for god's sake..." The words just fly out of my mouth.

She just smiles at me. "He is an assassin with a sixth sense who helps seek out vengeance for the wrong that was done to them when they were alive.  Everyone has their own perspective. You might call him a criminal, but in reality, he is a savior for many poor souls."

"That does count him as a killer. Come whatever reason it may be. And...We have laws to handle criminals. There are people who can help from above. You can't just go around and kill people." I nearly shout, getting agitated.

"His idea of "Help from above" is a sniper on the roof." She speaks air quoting the words. "He doesn't follow law. He is the law. He is a mafia, remember?"