♣Chapter 69♣

Almost a week passes by. I indulge my mind into as much work as possible. Though bhai objects, but I assured him that I can handle and I am doing fine. Days go by, but the nights are hardest. I am unable to suppress my pain anymore and cry on my pillow to sleep. The hurt doesn't fade, yet I'm trying to get used to it.

I meet Riya on the weekend and catch some time with her. It seems that even she is getting married to some engineer. I am happy for her. I avoid speaking about my pregnancy. Good that my loose clothes don't show anything. It feels as if I am cheating on Zacharias by disclosing it to the whole world, except him. Well, only if Tina has been close-lipped by now and refrained from disclosing the truth to him and rest of the family.

If given a chance, I wouldn't have spared a second from telling him. After all, he is the one that deserves to know about them first.  I also feel guilty from hiding this news from my in-laws. But I had no other option than to go discreet. That was the only way I could protect my kids from the danger lurking on my head. At least I am at peace here, far away from the psycho blackmailer and stalker who had successfully managed to turn my life into living hell. Still I get startled whenever my phone alerts me of any kind of notification. I try to remind myself again and again that I am far away from him and he would never be able to reach me. That thought alone helps me to stay calm and composed.

It had hardly been a week for me working at the company, when my family decided to have a family vacation. They had initially cancelled it knowing that they have to be in New York for Khristina's wedding, but at my unannounced arrival, they decided to carry on with the initial plan so that we all can tour again as a whole family. And now, here we are, in the valley of the great Himalayan range that is known for its beautiful pristine and natural beauty-Kashmir. A valley with a unique culture that keeps you intrigued throughout your journey. From Srinagar to Sonmarg, and Gulmarg till Pahalgam.

When we first landed at Srinagar I felt a sense of peace. Nothing felt more soothing than letting my fingers glide through the chill waters of the Dal lake while enjoying my vacation with my family on a Shikara boat. This beautiful lake is surrounded by a variety of deciduous trees which promises a colorful show in the fall season.

We rented a houseboat during our stay. Watching the water glimmer under the sunlight during the sunrise and sunset is a mesmerizing view in its own. The sun rises at 5:00 and sets at nearly 8 in the evening giving its tourist enough time to enjoy the valley, the people and the cuisine. We have a lot of fun in the snow having snow fights and making snowman at Sonmarg.

Unfortunately I get tired too soon and not to forget my parents getting more overprotective on me.

"Adiva Be careful... Adiva, do this, don't do that....Adiva, don't tire yourself....Adiva, eat this eat that..."
God, as much as I love them, I am really getting exasperated by their over protectiveness and to top it all, I am missing Zacharias terribly. Sometimes I start crying in the middle of nowhere. My heart missing him, my soul yearning him and my body craving for him. Damn these pregnancy hormones make me cry for every small thing. As if my babies are missing their father who  doesn't know about their existence yet.

I guess Tina has not yet disclosed anything about my pregnancy or else, if not for me at least he would have come for the babies. It seems that either Tina had really kept her promise, or Zacharias really doesn't want to care about me anymore. That thought itself pierces my heart causing more fresh tears to make their way.

I miss my family in New York. I wonder how they all are doing. I especially miss my cute niece and nephew. I wish they were all here with us on the trip. I am sure they would have fallen in love with this place.

It's the nature of this valley and its people the captivate you with its beauty and hospitality. It's our fourth day here, and every one of us are already bewitched by its beauty. We have been here before, but every time it makes us feel as if we are seeing this for the first time. That's the magic of this beautiful snow capped mountain valley nestling a variety of terrains, ranging from lakes, snow capped mountains, coniferous kissed hills to glacier fed rivers.