♣Chapter 2♣

All the girls hooted and screamed in happiness. 'Am I dreaming? yes, I am definitely dreaming.... Now I can say mom that I do dream something else other than chocolates....Like I've won the International school's  Inter-state Art Competition....' I think as I smile inwardly.

I groan when I am being suddenly pulled in a hug as Riya squeals happily "Adiva! we did it! we won Adiva! we won!" she bounces up and down as she shakes my shoulders. I knit my eyebrows in confusion... "so this was not a dream?" I ask her. "what? God no Adiva this is real" she pinches my arm hard "ouch!!" I wince "see this is real.."

"God I can't believe we really nailed it..." I say her as she smiles at me.. Our classmates and teachers congratulate us looking at us proudly.

The whole day passes in a blur. We ran towards the principal's office after the school. Principal Daisy congratulates us once again before she speaks, "girls as you know you both have been invited to New York for a 15 day tour  and Mrs. Rose here will be accompanying you to your trip." Mrs. Rose smiles at us when we look at her. "There is an Art Exhibition at New York School Of Arts where your art work will be displayed. You may also get a chance to meet some great artists from across the world who will be attending the exhibition. Your departure is on 14th of January and you'll be back by 31st of Jan. Details related to your journey are in your prize vouchers." she said as she handed us our vouchers. "Once again I congratulate both you for making us proud.." We thanked her and left the cabin..

An International Schools Inter-State Art Competition was announced at the start of our final year. I had just applied for it and sent one of my best paintings but, never in my dreams had I thought that I would be one of those winners..

I was always attracted towards colors since childhood. Since then painting has always been my passion. Bringing your thoughts on a paper through colors always fascinated me.

I was so busy in my thought that I didn't notice Ziya running towards me squealing in delight as she shouts my name. I stumble back as she hugs me "Api!! I'm so proud of you..Congrats" she says excitedly. I chuckle at her."Mom and dad would be so happy to hear the news" I smile at her excited state. "I want pizza, biryani, chinese food,and many more... followed by the desserts....she trailed off as she counted on her fingers.. "wait..and of course cake!!.. how can I forget that..."she licked her lips as she sighed dreamily. I was confused as to why was she blabbering the menu. "Wait..wait why are you suddenly talking about food?"

"Ah api... you are so dense at times.. I'm talking about the menu of your success party...oh I can't wait for that."

"Whatever, now c'mon let's head for home uncle V.V is already waiting for us." I say. "Yes c'mon " she pulls me towards the car excitedly.

The drive from school to our home takes atleast 15-20 mins on the condition that there is less traffic. Otherwise 30mins max if you suffer the heavy traffic of Mumbai. Thank God there is less traffic today. I sighed as I thought. We reach for the elevator when I held Ziya's arm stopping her "Ziya , let Dad come home in the evening, then we will give them the news till then zip your mouth." "Okay Api, I think I can contain this big news for a little longer in my stomach.." she replies playfully patting her stomach. I chuckle at her childishness. "God Ziya grow up.." "what? I'm already keeping this news as a secret for longer than necessary, don't you think I'm already grown up?" Ziya whines. I just shake my head at her antics trying to suppress my smile.

We ring the bell as we reach home. One of the servants open the door for us. We greet them as we enter the house. "Whoa!! what a surprise! Dad, Ma, Pa, Reyhan bhai you all here. Dad you came early today?" I ask as I greet them happily. "That's a good thing I don't have to hold the news for a long time" I nudge my elbow at Ziya as I hear her getting impatient.