♣Chapter 75♣

🔔 Disclaimer:- Mature content ahead...

Jackson pulls the car at the venue and immediately we are flocked by the paparazzi but our guards are quick to pull them away.

"Zacharias, I am not getting what's happening right now.." I fidget with my fingers nervously on my seat. He gives me a soft smile and squeeze my palm in an assuring manner before walking out of the door that Jackson had opened for him.

I keep on nervously playing with my ring finger when the door to my side opens and a hand comes forward. I looked up and watch him beckoning me to take his hand. Exhaling a long breath, I place my hand in his and get out of the car.

All of a sudden gasps and murmurs can be heard from both sides of the red carpet. Zacharias places his protective arm around my waist and tugs me closer to him. I lean into his warmth. Suddenly, flashes start going off, blinding my vision and more than a dozen of Mic's are thrusted in front of us.

"Mister Ivanov, who is she?"

"Is she the rumored family friend?"

"Are you both in a relationship?"

"Is she your girlfriend sir?"

En number of questions are thrown in our way. Zacharias chooses not to feed their curiosity and the guards are doing their best in thwarting them away from us. My palms turn clammy, sudden nervousness engulfing me in this cold weather. I feel a trickle of sweat flow down my back. I grip Zach's coat in a tight grip, my steps faltering as he walked towards the entrance.

"Relax love, I've got you.." He murmurs soothingly against my head.

A lot of voices can be heard from behind, the media going all frenzy. We ascend the stairs and enter the hall. One of the attendants run to us and takes our coats to hang in the cloakroom. As soon as we make our entry, all the attention turns towards us. Another series of gasps, murmurs and whispers can be heard, almost everyone's jaw dropping to the floor, looking at us with their expressions filled with shock. Zacharias straight away pulls me to the front where all our family members are seated. Pulling a chair he makes me sit. I follow his command. Placing a soft kiss on my forehead he pulls a chair beside me and takes his seat.

There are many other couples along with the newlyweds who are enjoying their dance with their partners. I watch our family laughing, smiling and chatting with each other. A look of pure joy and satisfaction painted on their faces. After sometime the couples return to their places. I am pulled out of my mesmerization when Zacharias clears his throat tapping the mic gaining everyone's attention.

'Wasn't he beside me a moment before? When did he walk on the stage? I was so busy in watching the dance, that I didn't even realize him leaving my side.'

The lights dim down a little and the music comes to a stop and so does all the conversation. I turn to face the stage seeing him stand in the middle with the microphone in his hand.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen.."

His husky velvety voice floats in the air ricocheting across the ballroom sending tingles of pleasure down to my core. My body reacting to his voice. Even his voice is my undoing.

"First of all, I would like to congratulate my dearest little sister Khristina and my now brother in law Alyosha Dimitriov on their marriage. And secondly I would like to thank you all for joining us in our happiness."

Hoots and claps can be heard from around the hall while Alyosha raises his toast in the air thanking him and placing a kiss on his bride's lips earning a sweet shy smile from her.