1 | daughter of the death

Draco's POV
_________

"Do you have to smoke now?" I groaned at Theo and Leon, both leaned against a stone wall and having their morning cigarette.

It's a cold and rainy day for September, but I'm used to weather like this - I've been in this school for seven fucking years. Our last school year just started and I can't wait until it's over. Hogwarts. Such a lame school. Although I must say it is better now that Snape is a headmaster.

After Dumbledore's death two years ago, Snape was announced to be the new head of Hogwarts and things got much better than they were. The Slytherin house isn't so hated anymore, it's the exact opposite - we're the most popular among students. Everybody wants to be us. But not everyone can.

"Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today." Quoted Leon and giggled with Theo.

"Chill, Malfoy

"Chill, Malfoy. Don't be a pain in the ass already, it's 7AM." Sighed Theo and exhaled a white cigarette smoke to my face.

I waved my hand to make it go away before it gets on my clothes. I'm about to meet my parents and really don't wish to smell like a cigarette.

Apparently, the Dark lord has a task for all three of us...even thought we're not official Death eaters. I wonder what that could be. My mother didn't want to tell me even a little, she said it's top secret.

"Come on." I hurried again and they both looked at me with annoyed faces, but threw their cigarettes out and walked with me to Hogsmeade. It's the nearest place that doesn't fall under the Hogwarts's protection line, which means we can only apparate to my home from there. Now that I think about it, I should ask Snape to cancel it, or at least allow students to apparate.

We haven't met a single soul on our way to Hogsmeade, which is only good. I'm not in mood for strangers asking us where are we going so early in the morning. These people, they are so friendly and for what? Where has that ever gotten them?

When we arrived, we didn't wait any more minute, because we were already late thanks to Leon and Theo. We gave each other a head nod and apparated to the Malfoy manor.

"Man, that is a one big of a house." Mumbled Leon when we landed in a garden in front of the house.

"I swear it gets bigger every time I come here." Added Theo.

I just rolled my eyes over them two and continued walking inside.

They're always like this - always got something on their tongue. It gets annoying sometimes, but I got used to it. After all, they're the most loyal people I know.

We've been friends since our first day at Hogwarts in first year when we were all sorted into Slytherin. We respect each other and most of all, we have our secrets that could get us one-way ticket into Azkaban.