53 | candle

Draco
_______

It was a hard landing. We both fell on the cold wooden floor with a grunt. Pain immediately went through my bottom to my back, making me let out a painful hiss.

When I realized Amelie apparated into my room in our house, I quickly stood up despite the pain spreading through my body, and ran toward the two big windows. With quick movements, I covered them with a velvet green curtains. A bit of dust fell on me.

"We shouldn't be here..." I mumble and peek through the curtain outside. I don't know for how long we've been in the shrieking shack, but it felt like forever. The sun is starting to rise already.

"But my mother can talk to Snape...we can have a few days off..."

Honestly, I can't imagine going back to school after what happened. I can't pretend that nothing happened and just close my eyes. I'll eventually have to tell my mother, then Leon and Theo. They'll have millions of questions that will only make me think of this night, of how I almost killed Amelie. I don't know if I can handle that.

"We must plan a revenge, I can't just let it go..." my thoughts are speaking for me.

I always knew they're wicked, but kidnapping me and forcing me to hurt the daughter of the Dark lord? One thing I know is, this won't go unnoticed. I don't think I'll even have to plan a revenge, Amelie's father will do it better.

"Call your father, Amelie-" I turn to look at her, "Amelie!?"

I gasp my moth open.

She's laying on the floor, covered in blood coming and squirting from her neck.

I immediately rush and kneel down to her body. Her eyes are closed, but her lips are slightly apart. I can't believe my eyes, a soft frightening sob comes out of my mouth as I watch her bleed.

"Help!" I scream from my whole throat.

Without thinking, I tear a part of my T-shirt and press it against the deep cut on her neck. Before I did so, I noticed a white porcelain-like thing stuck in her neck, which is probably the cause of her bleeding. 

She's unconscious, but breathing. After a few seconds, my mother bursted through the door in her night gown and screamed in shock. She must be surprised, seeing us like that, covered in warm blood.

"Do something, please!" I shout at her while still slightly pressing the piece of cloth on Amelie's neck.

With her hands shaking, she takes out her wand and whispers a spell I couldn't hear. Then she kneels down to Amelie and starts waving her wand above her body. For a moment, nothing is happening. We are silently looking at the amount of blood coming from her neck, waiting for something to happen. Then, all of sudden, the spilled blood starts coming back toward the cut.

I put out the cloth and watched the cut slowly close.

My mother gave me a look that meant I'm gonna have to explain everything. I nodded my head and lifted Amelie's body from the floor. The cut is healed, but it left a small mark. I gently put her on my bed and sighed.

"What on earth is going on?!"

"I'll tell you tomorrow," I say and lay next to Amelie, "I just wanna sleep."

She sighed, but understood and left my room. My mother is not stupid, she probably knows it has something to do with Potter.

I don't want to think of it any longer. I'm home, Amelie's next to me and most important, we're safe here.

I'm tired, but I can't sleep. Every time I close my eyes, I see Amelie's frightened face in front of me, I see her covered in her own blood, I see the joy in Harry's face when he used the crucio curse on me.