44 | skin to skin

Draco
______

I can't sleep this night. Not when Amelie is on the bed next to me and I get to see her. After what we did, or more like almost did, I can't think of anything else.

She's consuming my mind and replacing my every though with her, her hair, eyes, body, legs, her voice. I don't know how I let this happen, but there's no stopping anymore. I could have stopped it before, but not now. I'm all in, every inch of me. I'm all after her.

The night is cold and the almost full moon is shining bright on me sitting on stone stair in front of our cottage. We're leaving this morning, my clothes are packed in my bags. Leon is sitting next to me with beer in his hand, slowly getting drunker and drunker. It's hard to listen to him because he burps after every few words.

"She doesn't love me," he said all of sudden.

I sighed. "Who doesn't love you?"

"My girlfriend," he answered and poured the beer into his mouth.

I don't understand where's this coming from. Him and Ginny seem to be fine, I never though they'd have troubles.

"She does," I assured him.

"No, no...she loves someone else,"

I looked at him spread on the stairs with his elbows supporting his body.

"Why woul-" I started, but he interrupted me.

"Everybody loves someone else, no one really loves me," he shouted and raised his hand with beer, making it spill on me a bit.

"That's not true and you know it. And give me that-" I said and grabbed the bottle out of his hand.

"I had Paris for a while, remember her? She left me for Flint. Then me and Amelie we had a little something...but bam-she loves Theo. And now, I really like Ginny, but she's constantly somewhere else with her mind," 

"Amelie didn't love Theo,"

She even said it herself. Amelie and Theo were a big joke, a big bad joke. They could never make it longer. Amelie is fierce, constantly seeking for adventure but also loyalty and safety. Theo is totally different, he gets his strings attached too quickly and then he falls out of love even quicker. He's not made to last.

"I don't think she loves anyone, actually," agreed Leon.

Somehow, I needed to hear this. Leon's words make sense even though he's drunk.

I don't think Amelie is capable of love. And worse, loving me. While I'm developing real feelings for her, I'm afraid I'm just another fuck toy for her, a distraction from whatever's going on in her life.

Truth is, she doesn't need anyone and she's completely aware of that.

"Who do you think Ginny loves?" I asked him after a while.

"Potter,"

I immediately look at him.

"No..."

"Yeah. I see the way she looks at him...and she's never said she loves me,"

"Have you?"

"All the time..."

I'm surprised. Leon has never really talked to me about this, so I automatically assumed they're doing good. They seemed like it. But I guess no one really sees into people, even if they try hard.

We finished our night talk and entered the cottage. It's dark in here, the only source of light is the moon shining through the window straight on Amelie's face. She's peacefully sleeping on her bed, covered up to her shoulders and breathing slowly.