43 | amelie

Amelie
_________

The sun's finally shining bright from the sky on our heads and making us warm and nice. Although the water in the lake is not so hot, we're all in it, because what's there else to do?

We're leaving tomorrow morning and this is the last day here. I wish I could stay here for a little longer and admire the nature around me. For a few days, I could finally forget about the outer world and live in the moment.

I feel like with my coming back to Hogwarts, everything will go back to normal-the dreams, problems and constant thinking about the upcoming war.

I jumped into the cold water form the wooden pier where Draco made a fool out of me and kissed me. I dived in with my whole body and let myself float for a few minutes, releasing my muscles and letting the water take control of me.

Then I got back to the surface and laid there, using light aquamenti to hold my body in place. I let the sun rays shine on my wet face and dry it.

Water splashing sounds, laughing and all the shouting is getting to my ears only a bit, I'm trying to not hear it at all.

"I could do this the whole day," mumbled Ginny as she was swimming toward me.

Not now, Ginny.

"Me too....minus the people." I replied and kept my eyes closed.

Ginny stayed quiet for a while, so I thought she swam away from me, when all of sudden, something touched my feet. It was disgusting and slimy and it made me scream from shock.

I immediately let my feet down from the laying position and started kicking to the water, hoping that whatever it was, I made it go away. Then I realized how deep this lake is, I can't even see on the bottom and I'm not so far from the shore. I remembered Hagrid's words:

"It's full of mysterious creatures, two thirds of them have not been discovered yet. Although they live on the bottom, that's actually deeper than you can even imagine, they visit the surface quite often,"

I don't feel so relaxed and safe anymore, not without knowing what's under me. I decided to swim back to the shore and leave to my cottage. Ginny, Theo, Leon and Draco didn't even notice I was leaving.

I got back to the cottage and undressed my pink bikini with red cherries on them and let them hang from the bathroom. As I laid into my bed in clean clothes, tiredness got to me and my eyes closed themselves.

"The baby's here! The baby's here!" Shouted the midwife as she put the baby into May's hands.

I dived into this dream so fast that it took me a while to understand what's going on. I'm in my mother's room in our house, there are only three people and one of them is laying on a huge bed, her face is swollen and red from the sweat, her blonde hair is messy all over the pillows and her legs spread wide apart with blood all over her white skirt. It's my mother.

Aunt May, much younger, is holding a newborn, still covered with white stuff from mother's uterus. Surprising is, it's not crying. It just came out and it's calmly laying in her arms.

May, however, isn't so calm.

"My Salas..." mumbled my mother and put her hand on her red forehead. She's exhausted from the labor.

Salas, it must be my brother.

"Sage-"

"I'm so tired..." she kept sobbing.

"Sage, it's not a boy," said May with a worried voice.

"What!?"

May sent the Midwife out of the room and ordered her to shut the door closed.