45 | the ring

Amelie
________

Another dreamless night, another wasted time. When I was falling asleep next to Draco, I wished to dream more than anything, I wished to finally know the truth. Nothing. Again.

I woke up with disappointment and stretched my arms a bit to make myself ready. Draco, who stayed over for the night is peacefully sleeping next to me, his naked chest is going up and down as he breathes. I grabbed a blanked to cover him up, because the castle is always chilly in the mornings.

I let him sleep and dressed myself for the breakfast. A simple black pleated skirt with slim white shirt, pair of black laced shoes and some stockings I found in the back of a drawer. As I put my underwear on, I remembered yesterday's evening.

I knew Draco's probably good in bed, but I never expected that. I'm in no surprise that my whole bottom part still hurts, but I can manage to walk properly.

Was this a one night thing? If not, what was it? Am I supposed to leave him here? I don't know, I'm not used to have a man in my bed.

I made a few steps closer to Draco to the side of the bed and kneeled down to his face. His eyes are closed, I can see his curly eyelashes and I've never realized how long they are. His platinum blonde hair is messy on all sides of his head and his mouth slightly puffed up as he's laying on a pillow. Too cute to wake up.

I decided to leave him in my room and go take a breakfast in the Great hall. The castle is already up, students are running though the corridors with books and notes in their hands. The exams are closer and closer, which I believe makes a tense atmosphere among students.

When I arrived to the Great hall, I realized I haven't eaten here for a long time. We're always somewhere but not here. I missed this smell of all kinds of food, the sound of people talking through each other and forks and spoons bumping against the silver plates.

I looked around the Slytherin table to find some familiar face like Theo's and Leon's, but unfortunately, they're all still probably sleeping. I decided that sitting alone for once won't hurt me. I went for a pancakes with chocolate topping and fresh strawberries.

I waited and waited for someone to come and join me, but when no one was coming and I finished my food, I gave it up and stood up from the bench. I wonder if Draco woke up already. I don't really want to meet him in my room, that would be awkward. No when I still don't know if it was a one time thing.

As I was leaving, my eyes landed on a ginger haired group of people sitting by a Gryffindor table. I immediately knew who it is, I just didn't expect Ginny to be sitting around them. Voluntarily. They're all energetically talking about something.

I walked closer to Ginny and tapped her on her shoulder. They all immediately looked at me and shut their mouths like I'm not allowed to hear whatever they've been talking about.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked Ginny and fake smiled at everyone.

"Sure!" She smiled and stood up.

"Ginny-" stuttered Harry that was sitting next to her.

"What?" She asked him.

Harry looked from her at me and then groaned.

"Weirdos. Come on," I said and grabbed Ginny's hand.

We walked out of the Great hall, hand in hand, until we entered the little garden. Our hands released as we sat on a stone bench. The sun is shining bright today, no clouds on the sky and I finally feel the warmth of the sun on my skin.

"What did you want to talk about?" Asked me Ginny and sat with her legs by the sides of the bench.

"Nothing in particular, I just wanted to save you from them," I giggled and grabbed a tiny ginger strand of her hair and twisted it around my finger.

"Thank you...they're horrible,"

"What were they talking about?" I pried.

Ginny took my right hand and placed it into her palm.

"Oh, nothing really...your hand is very pretty!"

She compared our sizes and then stroke my ring finger. I tilted my head back to the direction of the sun and let its rays fall on my skin.

"A ring would be perfect for your hand," she mumbled while still admiring my fingers.

"I don't really wear any...I always end up loosing them," I giggled with my eyes closed.

I feel like a fairy in the middle of a forest, with the sun shining on my face and other fairies talking to me and braiding my hair.

"So you never wear any?" Asked Ginny.

"No,"

"I think I saw one with black thing inside, wasn't it yours?"

I don't know what's gotten into her, asking me questions like that.

"No, never had one like that." I said and pulled my hand form her palm.

Draco
_______

I was awakened by a loud knock on a door. My body immediately went through a shock of not knowing where I am, not recognizing the room for a second. Then I remembered yesterday's evening and realized I'm in her bed. And someone's knocking on the door.

I grunted and quickly stood up from the bed, my head spinned from the sudden movement. Amelie's not there, nor is she in the bathroom that is opened. I don't know why or where she went, but I have to deal with the person behind the door first.

When I opened the door and saw Snape behind it, I instantly blushed. I'm only in my boxers dorm yesterday, by upper body is fully naked with goosebumps all over my skin from the cold.

"Morning, Draco," said Snape and walked into the room without my permission.

"Headmaster?"

He shut the door with a wave of his wand and sat on Amelie's chair. He's in his basic clothes - black pants with black cloak and black hair. Only he looks older from the last time I saw him. He doesn't spent much time in Hogwarts anymore, I don't know why.

"I hope I'm not interrupting," he started and looked at me from up to down.

"No, no...how did you know I'm here?" I asked while putting my jeans on.

"I know a lot of things, Draco," he put his one arm on the table and supported his head with it like he hasn't gotten any sleep lately.

I stood in the middle of the room for a while, looking at him, not knowing what to do or what to say.

"Amelie's probably in-" I started, but he instantly interrupted me.

"I'm not looking for her, however, I'm here to talk about her,"

I nodded and sat on her bed.

"You have to look after her,"

"I get that a lot," I sighed, knowing that this is one of the talks.

"You don't to enough," he said with his deep voice.

"What am I supposed to do? Put her on a collar?"

"Not funny..." he sighed, "as you probably know, she's not the only living horcrux,"

"I didn't know that...but let me guess, Potter is the next one," I rolled my eyes.

"The Order of the Phoenix has found and destroyed all the other horcruxes, which means-"

"They're after her," I finished.

"Right," nodded Snape and sighed.

Something tells me that nor him, nor anyone else knows how to take care of Amelie. Is it even possible to keep her safe when I don't even know where she is right now?

"Is there something I can do?" I asked after a while.

Shape looked out of the window and stayed quiet for a while.

"There's a ring..."