60 | snape

Amelie
________

The great hall without first four years looks much more like an actual school and less like a kindergarten mixed with teenagers.

It's been two days since I've been home and nothing happened. Literally. Same old routine - I wake up, go to classes, return back to my room and think about my death, and then I meet with the boys. Only difference is, Draco is being weird to me. When he did me two days ago, that was basically the last time he's touched me.

We're all sitting by the Slytherin table and eating our breakfast. The silence between us is getting unbearable, so I just stuff my mouth quickly so I can leave.

Maybe he's mad because I called him my boyfriend when Hermione attacked him. Honestly, I don't know what's going inside of his head. Maybe this is just another of his bipolar days when everything just pisses him off.

Worse thing is, it's my birthday tomorrow and I have nothing planned. With Draco ignoring me, I don't know if I feel like doing something. With this situation going on, it seems stupid to have a useless birthday party. I just thought now that I have friends...never mind.

I try for the last time and put my phone out of my pocket. I unlock it and text Draco.

Me: will u finally tell me what's wrong?

His phone buzzes and he takes a quick look at the text, but he doesn't bother replying or even looking at me. I sigh and just as I stand up from the chair, something black lands in the middle of the podium in the back of the Great hall and a hysterical scream echoes between the stone walls right after.

My body goes through a shock and the plate in my hands falls to the ground and breaks into million pieces. My gaze quickly meets Draco's just for a few seconds, then I look at the podium that's getting crowded with people and teachers.

I leave the table and with a shocked look on my face, I walk toward the crowd to take a look at what happened. Some girls are screaming in the front and covering their mouths with their hands.

When I make my way through the people and finally see what's on the podium, my mouths gasps. No, no, no...

Headmaster Snape is laying in the middle of the podium on his back, his face is unconscious. My eyes land on multiple hole wounds in his chest, blood is splashing from it like a red fountain.

I look away for a while and close my eyes to get the image out of my head, but then I urge to look at him again. One thing is clear - Snape is very much dead.

The Great hall goes into a big and loud chaos. More and more people are standing around him, I notice some teachers crying. McGonagall, that has not been in the hall until now, pushes the students out of her way toward laying Snape and gasps her mouth when she notices him.

Everyone watches her kneel down toward him. She puts two of her fingers on his neck to find pulse, then she waits for a while, murmuring something under her nose that I can't hear through all the sounds. After a moment, she conjures a black big cloth and covers his body with it.

Snape is dead. And I think I know who did it.

Suddenly, someone grabs my hand out of nowhere. I quickly turn around and spot Draco behind me, tangling my fingers with his. I let out a long sigh, happy that he's with me despite his anger.

"Do you think-" he whispers to my mouth, but I quickly interrupt him.

"It was him,"