48 | cheat

Amelie
________

I was scared to fall asleep in case the nightmare comes again and again. I stayed up most of the night, looking and stroking Draco's naked back while he was sleeping. I like watching him, he's very handsome and pleasant to look at.

But the sleep came eventually around an early morning, when the sun slowly started to rise up on the sky. It was the best sleep I've gotten since...since I last slept with Draco. I don't know why is that, but somehow, I feel safe and secure with him. Even though I'm much more powerful.

I was woken up by Draco's fingers gently stroking my left cheek. I don't want to open my eyes just yet, he might stop. I like this side of him, the one no one really sees.

When I slowly opened my eyes and let them adjust to the light, I noticed him laying on his side with his hand supporting his head. He immediately stopped and blushed a bit.

"Morning," I say and yawn with my whole mouth. Then I quickly shut it, in case my breath is not so minty fresh.

"Did you sleep well?" He asks me with a little smile on his face.

I nod and sit up with my arms stretching up to the air.

We fucked...and I slept here. That doesn't really happen, I always go back to my room and then we both pretend nothing happened. It works like that for both of us - just sex. A very good one, actually.

"I got you a breakfast...I don't really know what you like so I grabbed from everything," he says and nervously scratches his forearm.

I nearly giggle. Draco Malfoy bringing me a breakfast to bed? Have I entered some kind of alternative universe where everything is the opposite?

I thank him and grab a croissant from a silver plate, then a cup of coffee. Meanwhile, Draco changed into his daily outfit - some pants and black T-shirt with golden necklace around his neck.

"I was gonna take a walk, so if you wanna join me-" he started, but I quickly shook my head.

A walk? Seriously? How would that look like?
"So...enjoyed last night?", "Yes...". No, I'm not doing that.

"I'm gonna see Ginny, so..."

He sighs and then walks a few steps toward me, still sitting on his bed.

"Amelie...about Pansy yesterday, I-"

"I don't care, Draco. You can do whatever you want...it's not like we're dating or something..." I mumbled and looked at him to see his reaction.

"Oh..." he stutters, "of course we're not..."

I don't want him to get attached to me, or worse, love me. Although it sounds nice, I don't wanna break another guy's heart by not returning his feelings. What would they say about me?

"Look, thanks for letting me stay and for the breakfast and basically everything you do for me, but-"

"But what? Right, it means nothing to you,"

"I don't know what you expect from me, Draco. All this...this is a mess," I spread my arms and let the fall on the bed by my sides in frustration.

"No, you're a mess. People actually care about you, but you just fuck them up!" He raises his voice.

"You don't understand..." I mumble under my nose and look away from him.

"So explain it to me! Tell me anything and I'll listen. I always listen to you, but you never talk..."

For a moment, I don't know what to say. He's standing in front of the door and staring at me with his eyebrows slightly raised.