9 | next door

Amelie
_______

I can't believe I've been here for a week. Aunt May always talked about Hogwarts and how she misses it that I felt like I was already a part of it. And now I really am, so why do I feel like I'm missing something?

It's a rainy Sunday morning and I just came into the Great hall for dinner. It smells so nice in here, a mixture of coffee and croissants - my favorite. Although it's raining outside, everyone seems happy and the mood in here is very pleasant.

I came over where the boys are sitting and  smiled at them.

"Can I sit?" I asked but didn't wait for an answer. Of course I can, duh. I don't need their permission.

"You can." Answered Theo a little too late.

I glanced at him and leaned for a hot cup of coffee in the middle of the table.

Everyone's quiet since I came, which is weird because I saw them energetically talking about something. But screw them, I just wanna eat.

"Oh please, don't pretend like you two didn't fuck yesterday." Giggled Leon and bumped into Theo's shoulders. He nervously laughed and looked at me.

"Say it a little louder and I'll break your cute little nose." I smiled at Leon and stuffed my mouth with a chocolate croissant.

After a few minutes, Theo and Draco had to go somewhere and left me alone with Leon.

I didn't know what to say at first now that it's just us two, but I noticed I don't even have to try. His mind is somewhere else. Or more like on someone else. When I looked who his eyes are staring at, I realized it's the ginger girl from Slughorn's club.

She's sitting by a Gryffindor table and talking to some boy. Her eyes are in much better condition than they were on Friday.

"Why don't you talk to her?" I asked Leon.

He looked into his empty plate and sighed.

"She has a boyfriend...it's pointless."

"From what I saw on Friday, it's a pretty crappy boyfriend." I mumbled and looked at her again.

Yes, yes I can see it. I get what he sees in her.

"What do you mean?"

"Aah, it's just that her eyes were all cried out when she came to the dinner. So I figured...you know."

He nodded his head and grabbed his empty plate.

"Well, see you." He said and walked away.

I wanted to offer him a little help with Ginny, but I guess he'll do it himself. Boys.

After I finished my breakfast alone, I slowly wandered around the castle for a while and then I headed to the common room. It's totally empty, not a soul, so I decided to go to my room, but then someone coughed.

"Well, if it isn't our little blondie..." said Sarah laying on the couch in front of the fireplace. I didn't notice her before.

"Hi." I mumbled and sat next to her.

"A little bird told me that you and Theo are a thing right now." She said with a smile and sat up from the laying position.

"That must be a pretty stupid bird..." I rolled my eyes.

"Why don't you tell me all about it tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow...?" I repeated and looked at her confusingly.