5 | theo

Amelie
_________

The last class of my first day ended and left me totally bored and unmotivated. I thought I'd feel proud of myself for already knowing everything they teach here, but today I realized that I need constant challenges to keep myself from getting bored.

I went to my common room. It looks just the same as before the party yesterday, everything is on its place again. The only sign of a party is the minty vapor that I can still feel. But anyone could mistake it as an air freshener, so no big deal.

God, I'm so tired from all this, from yesterday, from so many people. Back at home, it was just me and aunt May. Sometimes my father, but he was usually out of town. I always love it when he's home - he's a total different person with me.

"Hi!"

I immediately stop from walking to my room and turned to look who said it. The only person who's in the common room including me is a brown haired girl sitting on one of the couches in front of a huge fireplace. I didn't notice her when I entered the room.

"Hi?"

"Yes, hi! You're Amy, right?" She asked and hopped off the couch.

"Amelie." I said with a quite annoyed voice.

"I'm Sarah Woods, so nice to meet you!" She came to me and after we shook hands, there was an awkward silence.

"I was just going to my room...but, nice to meet you." I said and raised the corners of my mouth into a fake smile. She didn't say anything so I started walking to my room.

"Hey...Since you're new I guess you don't have many friends here, I mean...besides the boys...so if you need some woman to talk to, I'm here, okay?"

Wow. I fucked up again. A person who's just trying to be nice to me and what did I do? I was mean. I don't know what's wrong with me, really. I'm just so used to people thinking I'm mean just like my father that I became mean and I do that to everyone new.

"Thank you." I smiled and walked to my room. I have to apologize to her later.

I put my books on the desk and threw myself into the bed with a loud sigh. I don't usually sleep during the day, but right now I could sleep on the floor and wouldn't notice.

BZZZ.

"God, have mercy!" I shouted.

BZZZ.

I picked my phone out of my habit pocket and looked who has the audacity to disturb my sleep.

Unknown: We need to talk

I don't remember giving my number to anyone lately, so I have no idea who that is.

Me: Who's this?

I sat on my bed and waited for the person to reply.

Unknown: Theo

Ugh, great.

Me: I know many Theos...

Theo: You don't. Stop messing, we need to talk

Me: I have nothing to say to you

Theo: I'm coming into your room...

Me: no don't!

As soon as I sent the last text, he knocked on my door and opened. Again, without waiting for my permission.

"Oh..." he realized and went back outside. Then he knocked and waited, but I'm not letting him in.

"You're supposed to say 'come in'." He shouted from the corridor and came into my room.