27 | rosmerta

Amelie
_________

"You must come more often!" I said to Ginny and ran into a bear hug.

I can't believe the days with them where we just ran around the house and laughed are at the end.

"I will! Take care, okay?" She placed a little kiss on my cheek and took the bags from the ground.

"Thanks everyone for coming," I said and looked at the boys.

We exchanged smiles and everyone got going. I don't want them to leave me alone in here. I don't know what I'm gonna do. It's the Christmas Day and my father is arriving in the evening. It's morning. Ah.

"Bye!" I waved my hand at them, but one of the boys didn't go with the rest.

Draco is still standing in the door and fixing his black coat, brushing the hair off of it. When he's done, he looks at me with unreadable face.

"Well, see you," he said and turned away without my response.

Should I do it or no? Should I do it or no?

Think...

He's walking out of the door, this is the only chance.

"I know it was you." I said with an amusement in my voice.

He stopped for a while, but didn't look at me. Why do I kind of want him to look at me? He's probably regretting his whole life right now.

And then he left, without words.

I watched him leaving. The cold air running through his blonde hair, his confident walk, his silhouette slowly disappearing in the fog.

"Draco...Draco Malfoy," I mumbled under my nose and closed the door. His name sounds nice.

I don't even know what to think of these holidays. I can't be confused more. First, my kiss with Leon and then with Draco, who thought he can just play me dirty like that.

These boys are once gonna be the death of me, I swear.

I just wanna go through my thoughts and feelings from these past few days, but I can't even do that, because my father came earlier.

"Where's May?" I asked him.

We're sitting in the dining room and waiting for the Christmas dinner. Just the two of us. A man who probably killed my mother and his daughter.

"She's not coming, my dear," he replied and drank wine from his glass

Not coming? Why is she not coming? Since I was a little child, she always spent Christmas with us. I can't believe it. It's all my fault, I scared her away.

"Did you have a good time?" He asked me while stuffing his mouth with food.

I think about how I leaned over Draco in the hot tub, I think about how he licked the vodka from my bellybutton, I think about last night, how desperate he was for my lips.

And then I think about others and how I totally forgot they were even here.

"I did..." I mumbled under my nose.

His face is all wrinkly, again.

"Why so quiet? Are you okay?"

Oh no. I'm about to ask it. I'm about to ask it and I can't stop myself...

"Why did you lock your office?" I asked him.