30 | goodnight

Draco
_______

It was an impulsive thing from me to stay here with Amelie for the night, but situations like these make me do things I normally wouldn't.
And anyways, I'd to it everyday just see the sparkles in my mother's eyes when I told her I date Amelie.

My room is cold, because it doesn't get constantly heated when I'm in Hogwarts. I don't know how we're gonna do the one bed thing, but I still have a couch in case the princess wants some privacy.

She's in the shower right now, I can hear her whistles coming from the bathroom in my bedroom. I think she's mad at me - she hasn't spoken a single word with me for the whole evening that she spent with my mother, chatting and drinking wine like old friends.

Just when I laid into my bed, she shouts at me.

"Draco?"

"What?" I sighed loudly.

"Can you bring me a towel? I forgot it!" It's hard to hear her from the shower, but I think she needs a towel.

I stood up from the bed, unwillingly, and took a clean fresh towel from my closet. When I opened the bathroom door, a hot steam that smells like roses and vanilla hit my face and made me instantly warm.

Amelie's in the shower behind a curtain, but it's only down to her knees, so everything from there is revealed - water mixed with white foam dripping down her legs to her feet with red nail polish.

I coughed to make sure she knows I'm here and  handed her the towel. She sticked her arm from behind the curtain and grabbed the towel from my hand. Just when she wanted to take it, I pulled it towards myself.

"Magic word?" I asked with a giggle.

"My father's the Dark Lord." She said with an unbothered voice and quickly grabbed the towel from my hand.

"Fair enough..." I mumbled and left the bathroom.

I came down to the kitchen to get a glass of water, but it's occupied my my parents and I don't really feel like stepping into their conversation. I stayed behind a corner to hear them, because their tones of voices make it sound very interesting.

"What a poor child..." mumbled my mother under her nose.

"She doesn't know what she is," agreed father.

I think they're talking about Amelie, but why on earth in such pitying way?

"I can't believe he's done that...the Lord,"

"And what he's about to do is even worse..."

What is going on?

"I just hope Draco won't get too attached to her, you know...it's hard even for me, she's a lovely girl," said mother and I heard how she drank something.

"He's an awful man, awful. Raising his only daughter just for him to kill her when the time comes."

Amelie
_________

This is stupid. I'm not supposed to be here. I only wanted one thing - something of my mother's, and now I'm stuck in Malfoy manor for the whole night I should've been reading Narcissa's diary.

He's just proving his point, which is how easy it is for him to spend a night with me.

I'm on the balcony of his room, thinking about the diary in my bag and hoping that Narcissa won't find out about it. Even though it's dark outside, I can see the view on hills from here. I could get used to this view, it's nicer than from my room.