61 | be safe

Amelie
________

The night is as dark as the resurrection stone in the middle of the ring that I'm holding in my hand. All Slytherins are sleeping in the common room, because right now, it's the safest place for us. Slughorn protected the entrance door to not let anyone that's not a Slytherin student.

The room is getting harder to breathe in by every minute, because the ventilation is off in case the death eaters break through it. I'm sure I'm the only one who can't sleep. My 'bed' now is the couch in front of the fireplace, where the fire flames are slowly fading. Draco let me sleep here, he's right under me. I offered him to sleep with me, but he insisted.

Maybe it's better like this. Whatever we have, it's going nowhere. I mean, what's a relationship with just one-sided love? Nothing but a heartache.

But I'm still mad that he chose to believe Pansy over me. That girl can't get him back, so she's just damaging the thing that's going on between me and Draco. I thought Draco's smarter than that and I can't be with someone who doesn't trust me. However hard it is.

Leon and Theo are sleeping on the other couch, Theo on one side and Leon on another. They're kicking their legs every moment, but as long as they get a sleep, it's okay. We'll need everyone well-rested and ready to fight.

With my one hand down, I'm stroking Draco's soft hair as he's sleeping and with another, I'm playing with the ring. I try it on my every finger, but the middle one fits it like a glove. Like it's been made for me.

"Don't let me down," I say to the ring as I press it against my lips.

Draco grunts in his sleep and rolls on other side that's facing me. His bottom lip is slightly puffed from his position, his hand is under his head.

I can't sleep when I know he's somewhere here, wandering around the castle. I think about what he could possibly want from me, but I can't think of any real reason. Aunt May told me he wants to kill me and Harry. I believed it for a while, but the more I think of it, the more like a bullshit it sounds to me.

Why would he kill the reasons he's alive?

No. I don't think he wants to kill me. Harry, maybe. But me? I'm much more than Potter. There would be no point in killing me if he wants to live.

Which makes me think of...

If I want him dead, if I want to stop the madness and live in peace, if I want to be the Heir, then he's the one who should be dead.

I was right before, Harry needs to die so I'll be the last horcrux. And then I'll die. For a while.
It's perfect. With excitement, I want to shake Draco's body and explain to him my plan, but something interrupts me.

Or more like someone.

The entrance door suddenly opens and a tall man in cloak enters with few other people with black masks on their faces. Chills immediately go through my skin and before I can scream to wake everyone up, my father raises his wand and sends a red strand of magic right at me.

I quickly roll out of the couch and fall on Draco, who's not asleep anymore. He's disoriented, looking around the room for me.

"Draco! Draco, I'm here!" I shout at him as I grab his both cheeks into my hands.

"We're going to run now, okay?" I say to him, not expecting any answer, because he's still sleepy.

Meanwhile, someone from Slytherin released a smudge bomb that filled the whole room with black smoke. It's a good idea, but now, I can't see anything. I quickly stand up with Draco and run toward the entrance door by memory.