6 | wrong room

Amelie
________

I stuffed a croissant into my mouth and drank it down with a coffee. The great hall is, thank god, almost empty because everyone has classes. I was supposed to have Divination, but Professor Trelawney is ill today, so I'm enjoying my free time with coffee.

I mean, I was enjoying my free time until someone tapped me on my shoulder. Leon sat next to me and said hi with a tired look on his face.

"Hi. Are you okay? You look-"

"Tired. Yes." He replied and rubbed his eyelids.

"Here..." I grabbed one of the cups filled with dark coffee in the middle of the Slytherin table and put it in front of him.

"Thank you, you're a life saver."

"And I thank you for not being so...so obtrusive and controlling." I said and giggled with him.

"Yeah, yeah I figured it must be annoying for you...I'd feel just the same way..."

I've never really payed much attention to him, because he seemed distant and easily annoyed, but now I have a perfect chance to finally examine his face. The first thing my eyes noticed is his big deep eyes and heavy eyelids. He has straight brownish hair brushed back and gelled to stay in place and he also smells very nice. A mix of expensive cologne and cigarettes.

"Anyways, once you get to know them, you'll see they're nice guys

"Anyways, once you get to know them, you'll see they're nice guys. I understand we might come off as annoying to you but we're just doing our job. After all, have you met your father?" He said after a while and giggled.

"Long time friends, huh?"

"Seven years..."

"Wow, you're lucky."

"I like to think so..."

I finished my coffee and tossed the last bits of croissant into me.

"I have to run, bye!"

I didn't wait for his answers because my class starts in a few minutes and I'm already late with the way there. I ran up the hundreds of stairs leading to the astronomy tower and almost fell down when someone bumped into me. Woah, I could swear I've just seen my death on these stairs.

"I'm so sorry!"

It's Sarah from yesterday.

"No worries...hey, I'm sorry for being so mean yesterday, I was really tired and you were right...I could use a friend."

"It's okay, I understand. You can come to my dorm in the evening, it's the second door on the left. I have to go, bye!"

Before I could say bye back, she was gone and I had to go to my class anyways.

BZZZ.

Seriously, again?

BZZZ.