65 | wake up

Draco
(During the dream)
________________

She didn't scream, nor did she cry. Her eyes weren't full of fear when she was falling into my arms, they were filled with calmness and even happiness that her plan worked.

Well, at least that part worked. Now she just have to wake up.

Even though I know she'll be here in a few minutes, my heart is beating fast. It's hurting me to see her dead in my arms with her eyes still opened. It's scary and I can't keep looking at her unconscious face anymore, so I gently press her eyelids down and look up.

We have a visitor. Bald man in black dress and cloak over his head is walking from the ruins with his snake, Nagini, beside him. I'm sure he can see his dead daughter from where he is. Pansy, still standing on the place where she killed Amelie from, is not looking at him with shaking body.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?" Screams Voldemort at her once he gets closer.

My eyes look away from Pansy, but I can hear her hysterical crying.

"I didn't mean to!" She sobs with a shaking voice.

When Voldemort looks at Amelie in my arms again, I pull her body closer to me and as I'm sitting on the ground with her, I grab her head and press her against my chest so her father doesn't see her face.

I don't listen to them anymore, him and Pansy are just word fighting. The crowds of people around us are slowly starting to realize what's happening, that Pansy really killed Amelie. I can hear their growing hum echoing between the walls.

Amelie's skin is still warm when I touch her cheek and gently stroke it with my thumb. A blonde strand of hair falls into her face so I put it out and press my lips against her collarbone.

"You'll be fine," I whisper to her ear and look at Leon.

Leon is standing beside me and looking at the mess we're getting into. The students are staring to riot against Voldemort, who's still shouting at Pansy.

"Where's McGonagall?" I hear Leon ask someone behind us.

"Dead," the person replies with serious voice.

Shivers go through my skin as I imagine professor McGonagall dead. I didn't like her and she didn't like me, but I was just so used to her being around. Now with her, Snape and Potter dead, Amelie is the only hope we have.

My thoughts and eyes wander back to Voldemort and I finally realize one thing. How come he's not dead?

He's supposed to be. That was the plan. Amelie does, Voldemort dies, ring brings Amelie back.

Yes, he does look weaker and the way he walked like his bones are too heavy. But he's pretty much still alive.

That can mean only one thing. One thing we did not think of.

Amelie isn't the last Horcrux. There's another.

I don't know how long can she be gone until I destroy the last one. It's not like a manual came with the ring. I think it's just a matter of time until her death is permanent.