10 | fire

Amelie
_________

It's been a whole month since I came to Hogwarts, but I feel like I just came, that I'm still new here. Maybe because everyone's constantly treating me like I need help with the classes and homework, but the truth is, it's them who should be asking for help, not me.

It can't go like this forever, I can't be the 'new girl' for the rest of the year. Why can't someone really new come? I'd gladly give them my place.

Even if it's been three weeks, nothing has changed much. All the classes seem even more boring with each new day and the teachers are starting to get suspicious about my intelligence and skills. Every time I get a question like that, I just shrug my shoulders and blame it on my 'genius homeschool teacher". 

Things between me and Theo are totally fine, he's so chill and laid back, it's just so easy to be with him. I'm slowly getting to know him more and more, but he's kind of a closed book, just like me. It's hard for him to truly open to anyone, which is what I'm trying to work on. He needs to trust me.

But do you trust him?

The thing is, we don't really talk...we fuck a lot. Like, a lot.

And that's the problem - I don't know what I want from this relationship. Sometimes I look at him and I can't see why I'm with him. We haven't even used the word 'love', which is the famous word and thing that I'm so afraid of. I don't think I'm capable of loving Theo.

But not every relationship requires love, does it? I mean, the sex is good, very good indeed. And he doesn't annoy me around when I'm doing my stuff, which I really appreciate - I need my space and alone time.

About Draco, I don't think I'll ever be anything to him more than a person to watch over because of a stupid task. He has his life, I have mine and it works like that. Even if he gets angry at me sometimes, I don't really care.

And Leon, my poor boy Leon, who still didn't manage to talk to the girl of his dreams. I honestly don't know what's stopping him - he's tall and handsome and he's exactly the mysterious bad guy from my books - so I seriously don't know where's the problem.

"Read the texts on the next pages and do short essay from it." Shouted professor Flitwick from the pile of books he's standing on because of his small height. He looks funny.

I knew he'd tell us to do that so I already did it yesterday, which means I'm free for today. I'll just go to Theo's room I guess, like always.

I sighed and leaned over the desk, when I accidentally pushed a pen to the ground. It fell with an annoying sound and I silently cussed under my nose.

As soon as Adrian Pucey could pick it up and give it to me, I stretched my arm to the pen and it flew to my hand itself.

"How'd you do that?" He sounded surprised and his eyebrows went up.

I just shrugged my shoulders and turned away from him. Ugh, he's been acting like this for the whole week and I don't know why. Seriously, every time we meet he says hello and holds the door for me. It's annoying as hell.

When the last class finally ended, I went out of the classroom headed to the common room. The school is always crowded with students at this hour. Every time I go through a corridor full of people, all I can hear is stuff about the Halloween party.

The 31st October is in three days and it's like the biggest talk of the school. Everyone's talking about the party and the costumes and honestly, my excitement for it is slowly fading.

Apparently us, Slytherins, have always a Halloween after party because the one where the whole school is is extremely boring and the music is crappy. First, I was planning to dress me and Theo as some couple from a movie or something, like couples do...but the more I think about it the more I hate that idea. Nah, I'm going to be something by myself, I don't need anyone to complete my costume.