58 | family bonding

Amelie
________

I hissed in pain when Draco stepped on my foot. My hand immediately flew to his thigh and pushed him a little. We're under one invisibility cloak that Draco brought, I didn't question him where from. He has his ways.

"Sorry!" He whispered and stroke my back.

We're walking hand in hand on a pathway to Hogsmeade. We made it through the castle without any trouble, luckily. It was empty and Filch is too old to chase every student that sneaks around at midnight. Actually, I don't remember the last time I saw him. Maybe he retired.

It's just few more minutes from Hogsmeade, I keep saying to myself. The night is cold and wet, fresh coat of morning dew is slowly falling on the grass. It's 3rd of April, the days are usually pleasantly warm, but as soon as the sun hides, it's cold.

I moved even closer to Draco to keep myself warm. His hand fell down to my butt and when he realized it, he gently squeezed it and giggled.

"Stop it!" I said with a serious voice, but laughed afterwards. This is ridiculous.

"Couldn't resist,"

When we got to the village, he tightened the grip on my hand and together, we apparated in front of my house. The Dark manor. It was called the Riddle manor at first, but my father became disgusted of the name, so he changed it. I don't know why my surname stayed, though. I've never really thought about it.

Standing in front of my house, I remember the last time I've been there. The disgusting dream I had, the fight with May, plus new thing - Pansy. That's why I'm here.

Still under the cloak, we got into the house. I don't have the keys, but our entrance door also works on a password. I hoped he wouldn't change it after I left. He didn't.

When we silently get to the entrance hall, I walk out of the cloak, leaving Draco covered. The house is dark, the only lighted room is the living room, so with shaking hands, I head there.

As I'm walking closer, I start hearing people talking. Shit. I hoped he would be alone. Suddenly, I feel a strong urge to hide under the cloak and walk away. But I'm here now, I have to do it.

I shake the nervousness of me and walk into the living room with confidence. Finally, I can see who's he taking to. Long platinum blonde hair, pale face, dark cloak over his clothes. One and only Lucius Malfoy.

"...as I was saying, I'd be much-" he stops when Voldemort puts his one finger on his mouth. Lucius looks around the room to find the reason he's been muted, and when his eyes land on me, he groans.

"We need to talk," I say to Voldemort, ignoring Lucius next to him.

Voldemort stares at me for a while, I can't read his face. Then he sends Lucius home. He grunts, obviously wanting to say something, but my father insisted.

As he's walking out of the living room, he suddenly stops for a few seconds, like he spotted something. Or smelled someone. I realized Draco must be near, Lucius might've smelled his perfume. After a while, he shakes his head and walks out of the house.

"I must say I'm surprised," starts Voldemort and joins his hands together, "but deep down, I knew you'd come back,"

I want to say how wrong he is, I want to laugh into his face and strangle his throat until he can't breath anymore, I want to tell him everything I saw in that dream.

But I control myself.

"I made a mistake leaving you," I say with sad voice.

"You certainly did," he agrees.