3 | party

Amelie
__________

Unpacking took me more that I expected, but I could have counted with that - I have tons of clothes. Back home, when I finished my classes with aunt May, we usually went shopping, it was our thing.

The very minute I put the last piece of clothing into a wardrobe, someone knocked on my door and opened without my consent. It's Theo.

"You know, people usually knock." I mumbled and closed the doors of the wardrobe.

"Right, I'll remember that..." he smiled and stayed in the opened door.

"So..."

"So..."

"What, are you on your watch? You're going to check in on me every hour to see if I haven't tripped or...or fell of the bed? Thanks, I'm perfectly fine." I said with an annoyed voice and crossed my arms.

"Why are you so mean?"

"Because I don't want this! I want a normal year here without the three of you controlling my every move."

"No one's controlling you, we have our own lives, too." His voice got angrier.

"Right..." I rolled my eyes and threw myself onto the bed with loud sigh.

"Anyways, there's a party in the common room. I wanted to invite you but I don't want to 'control you'. So come, or not. Whatever." He said and left my room.

Maybe I was too mean...but that's not my fault. I'm naturally mean, I can't help it.

He was nothing but kind to me and Leon, too. Even if he's a little distant. Seriously, I should work on my attitude. After all, I came here to make friends and socialize, I don't need to study - I already know everything they teach.

I think a party would be a great start.

I quickly got up from the bed and went straight to my wardrobe to pick my favorite outfit - a black corset top with denim jeans. I let my hair down as always and brushed through it. My lipstick smushed throughout the day so I put another layer and that was it.

I didn't even realize that it's almost midnight, the full moon is shining in the darkness through big windows of the Slytherin common room

It doesn't even look like the common room I saw earlier today. Someone moved the big couches from the fireplace to the sides of the room. There are tables full of alcohol, white lines and cigarettes. The room is dark and hard to see in because of the steam and vapor that's lingering through sweaty bodies.

As soon as I came here I felt the atmosphere is energetic and dark, almost like from the other planet.

I don't understand how I've lived before without this.

Since I don't know anyone in here I decided to stand by a table with alcohol and observe people while I make my gin tonic.

Suddenly, someone tapped on my shoulder from the back. I instantly turned to see who it is, almost spilling my drink.