29 | the diary

Amelie
________

I know what I'm doing, but at the same time, I have no idea what I'm doing.

I don't know if I'll find something In Narcissa's room. I already found the photo of her, my mom and May, which I still don't really understand. Now I know two of them are sisters and Narcissa might have been their friend.

I'm trying to act confident about this, especially in front of Draco, but deep down, I know that I can find nothing and all this would be useless.

We apparated to the front of the Malfoy manor the next evening from the deal. The cold air runs through my body and I wrap my arms around myself to keep me warm. It's getting dark, the sun is slowly going down.

"Are you sure they're not home?" I asked Draco while walking towards the door.

"Yeah, they're usually in London on Wednesdays,"

"Usually?"

"Trust me," he sighed.

Easy for you to say.

When we went in, a house elf greeted us with a smile and hot tea. He wanted to take our coats, but I said we won't be long. I hope.

"Not a word to anyone about this, okay?" Whispered Draco to the elf and he nodded his big head.

Draco gave me a sign with his head that we can go upstairs. The house really is empty, thank god. The last time I've been here I did the same thing - going through Narcissa's stuff during the ball. I feel like it was such a long time ago, I can't believe it.

He walked me to his mother's room and stayed standing in the door, looking at me while I start going through the shelves and drawers.

"What are you looking for?" Asked Draco after a while of staring.

"None of your business," I mumbled and opened a wooden drawer in her table. Nothing.

"You know, I would help you if I knew-"

"You can help me by keeping your mouth shut,"

"Harsh," he said and went out, keeping the door opened.

I found the same photo in her desk, but I still looked a closer at it, maybe there's something I missed. My mother in the middle, May and Narcissa by her sides. All three of them are looking into the camera, smiling, but there's nothing else in their faces. It looks like they're on a ball, because they chose to wear beautiful long ball gowns and their hair is also done.

What I haven't noticed before is that they're obviously in this house, and the photo is from a Malfoy ball. The same I went to. Judging by the dark velvet curtains and big windows in the back, they're in the living room.

I put the photo back into desk drawer and continued looking for more.

This room is something like her dayroom, because there's no bed, only a pale pink couch, desk and a huge closet with dresses and shoes.

When I thought I went through all the drawers, I sat on the couch with a sigh and put my head into my hands, supported by my knees. This was all useless, there's nothing more.

The room got dark and I realized I've been there for a good half an hour or more, and still found nothing useful. I want to punch something.

I sighed loudly and looked at the floor, when I noticed that one of the floor tiles is slightly loose. I quickly came back to my senses and sat on the floor in front of the tile to have a better look at it.

All other tiles are glued to each other, except this one. I stretched my arms and with a small hope, I lifted the tile up.

Thank god I did.

There tile reveled a small space under it, so small it only fits one green diary, a photo in a frame and a white candle that looks like handmade.

I slowly put the photo and the diary out, but when my hand touched the candle, it instantly gave me a weird feeling, like a tingling in my whole body. It only lasted for a few seconds and then I put it out. It's a white candle in a circle jar, nothing special.

But it has to be something more, or else it wouldn't be hidden, I though.

I decided to put the candle back, I can get back to it some other time.

The photo shows Narcissa and a tall handsome man hugging each other. It's not Lucius, I can tell by his dark short hair. I don't know what to think about this - it might me anything and nothing at all, just a photo with her ex that she refused to throw away.

But what really caught my attention is the dark green diary. It says with a golden color: This is property of Narcissa Malfoy.

When I listed through the pages, I saw my mother's name on some of them. There it is, I finally found something.

"They came home!" Shouted Draco all of sudden and ran to the room.

I cussed and quickly put the diary into my bag and closed the tile with the candle and the photo, hoping that Narcissa wouldn't open it in a near future.

We hurried downstairs, with a small hope that we'd sneak out of the house without anyone noticing. But as soon as we walked down the stairs, Narcissa and Lucius were already in the entrance hall, staring at us.

"Draco? Amelie?"

"Hello," I said and Narcissa hugged me.

"Is everything okay?" Asked Lucius.

"Yes, everything's fine, we were just leav-," I answered, but Draco interrupted me.

"We were just leaving, father," he said through his teeth.

"Are you two together?" Asked Narcissa with a hope in her voice.

I quickly glanced at Draco.

"Yes," he answered.

Fucker!

I want to punch is pretty face, what is he thinking!?

"Well then, why don't you stay for a night? You have holidays, after all," she offered and smiled at me.

I'm not sure-" I started, but again, Draco was faster.

"Of course, we'll stay."