47 | hate

Amelie
_______

I slowly dived into a black and white dream world, that's not so different than the one I'm living in. Difference is, my mother is alive in this one. For now.

I'm on the same corridor that's behind my room. I can't hear anything, just the fire cracking coming from the candles on the chandelier. It's dark outside, it's always dark outside. The corridor is empty, just me and myself.

What do I do?

As I'm slowly walking towards the room where my mom gave birth to me, I start hearing voices. I'm walking closer and closer, the door is slightly opened, so the light is coming out of it and makes a shadow on the wall.

Something tells me I should go there, so I listen to my instinct and do so. I slip through the door, trying not to move with it in case the people in the room notice. I slowly enter the room with my bare feet and light pajama blouse that's long to my knees.

There are four people, one is laying on a bed, two of them are standing right next to her and the fourth one is peacefully sleeping in the crib, covered with yellow soft blanket. I recognize myself.

This dream is very close to the previous one, I'm sure there is just a few minutes difference. Tom, still in his human form, with his dark curly hair and black cloak over his shoulders, has his arms folded. He's angry. Not just angry, furious. I know that look on his face.

"You were supposed to give me an heir!" He shouts, my mother trembles with fear.

"I'm sure Amelie can be a perfect heir! Why does it have to be a boy, we're not in medieval!" Protests May and kneels down to my mothers, who still looks devastated from the labor. Her face is all red, I don't know if it's from the pain or the tears.

"You don't understand...you...let me look-" he mumbled.

Tom walked to the crib where I'm sleeping and grabbed me into his arms. It looks funny at first, like he's never held a baby before. He looks at me and his face goes into disgust.

I don't wanna see that. My heart goes through an itching pain.

"Tom-" begs mom.

"Amelie, Amelie, Amelie...what have you done? What will I do with you now?" He whispers to my face.

Mother's body is shaking, May stood up from the kneeled position and walked over to Tom.

"Give her to me, you'll wake her-" she says, but my father isn't listening to her. His eyes are still on me.

"You won't do anything to her! Promise me you won't-" shouts my mom.

"No, no..." he mumbles under his nose,"I'll raise her, but she will never be an heir. A boy would outlive me, but for this miserable little girl, I'll make sure she'll never see a wrinkle on her skin, she'll never know the feeling of love, she'll never be truly happy, there will always be something missing. I curse her, so she'll never get old, her life will be short" he looks at my mother, "...just like your death,"

From this, many things happen at once. My mother and May shout loudly from their whole throats. I can see the fear and pain in their eyes.

My father hands me to May and sends her out of the room. Before she leaves, she says something like "I'll take care of her, I promise!" to my mother, who nods. She doesn't try to stand up from the bed, there's a look on her face like she knew it would happen and she doesn't have a choice.