36 | jasmine

Amelie
_______

"Shit, shit, shit!" I cussed and quickly wiped the spilled potion from a table.

I'm in the potions classroom and preparing the Amortentia before the class starts. I put some rose quartz crystals around the cauldron with the potion to make the effect even stronger.

It's the first day of school after holidays and let me tell you, waking up wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. But I managed to do everything I needed and I even put on some nice black stockings on my legs and added some jewelry to my outfit to look presentable during the Potions.

When it was all set, I sent a spell to open the entrance door and the classroom slowly filled with students. I noticed Hermione chose to sit the closest to me, however Draco sat in the back and grunted in pain.

I haven't seen him since the day after his injury, it's been 3 days. I think he was in his bed most of the time, since there's no way he healed that quickly.

"Miss Montgomery has worked really hard to make this Potion," said Slughorn and pointed at the cauldron in front of me,"and now, you can all try it,"

I exchanged smiles with Hermione when he said how hard I worked.

"Come," I called for the students.

Girls stood up from their seats and came closer toward the counter with the potion. When I looked at all the boys who stayed seated, I rolled my eyes.

I feel Draco's eyes staring at me from the back, so I check it out of I'm not just imagining it. I'm not. He's sitting in the last row of desks, comfortably leaned back on his chair, with his one arm on a desk and looking at me with his blue eyes. Leon and Theo are seated besides him, minding their own business.

I quickly look away and try not to think about him for the rest of the class. He's been rude, selfish and...but he's always been like that, why am I even surprised?

"I'll go first," announced Hermione.

She walked behind the counter to me and slowly leaned over the potion. Her eyes closed and I heard how she inhaled the smoke.

"Hmm," she mumbled, "Peppermint, fresh mown grass and...and-" she didn't finish, because her head turned up and looked at Ron Weasley.

I rolled my eyes and called for another student.

This continued for a few minutes until the boys finally decided to stop being dramatic little bitches. First boy to try the potion was Leon. As he walked by me, we exchanged little smiles.

When he leaned over the potion and said what he smelled, it was obvious it's Ginny. Cute.

The next one was Theo. When I saw him walking toward me, I realized we haven't really talked for a long time. I mean, not that there's much to talk about after what he's done. Draco is pretty angry with him, I heard they got into a fight, but I didn't bother with it.

As I was watching Theo, I noticed his curly brown hair got a little longer. I want to remind myself of the feeling when my hands curled into his strands of hair. What the fuck happened to us? He was so nice to me before we decided to fuck. I guess sex changed everything. Once he had me, there was no point in treating me like a princess anymore.

"Fresh started fire..." he leaned closer, "...vanilla...and some...flowery perfume, jasmine, probably," he said and nervously shook his head, like he just realized who he smelled.

I panicked. We both did.

Our eyes quickly met and there was just so much we wanted to say to each other, but we never did.