62 | flesh and bones

Amelie
________

The room is getting smaller and smaller by every minute as I'm sitting on the bed and waiting for Draco. I feel like the walls I'm surrounded by are about to crush me. I've never really had claustrophobia, but now that I'm here, I think I'm developing it.

The cry and screams full of pain are getting to me through the walls and however much I press my hands against my ears, I still hear it in my mind. It's terrific and unbearable, and yet I'm sitting here, doing nothing.

I want to burst out of the door and help the injured, but if Draco came and found an empty room...I don't want that. No. I have to think. I have to think about how to get Pansy to kill me. I don't know where she is, I don't even know if she's still here, in the castle. She might be anywhere.

But if I happen to find her, I have to provocate her enough to let the killing spell out of her mouth.

Damn it! What's taking them so long!? I feel like it's been hours since Draco left to find them. I can't stand long waiting, impatience has always been one of my biggest problems.

Just when I sit up from the bed with the intention to look out of the door, see if they're anywhere near, the door suddenly opened.

"Shit, shit..." grunted Leon in pain as he entered with Draco's arm around his shoulders as a help.

Leon seems like he has trouble walking. I examine his neck and clothes that are covered in blood, expecting an explanation.

"It's not my blood," Leon says when he notices my gaze.

I nod in understanding and peek through the still opened door, waiting for Theo. But Draco closes it with the kick of his leg and kneels down to Leon's injured thigh.

"Where's Theo?!" I panic.

They don't bother answering me as they're both busy trying to open the first aid kit.

"Draco, where's Theo?" I ask for the second time and demand an answer.

Draco sighs and puts his head into his hands.

"I couldn't find him,"

"After the attack, we accidentally split...I went to the Great hall and Theo to the other side," explained Leon and hissed in pain when Draco pressed his palm against the wound on his leg. It seems like his skin is burned, but I can't see any flesh, so it has to be only on the surface.

Without hesitation, I burst out of the door to the corridor and start running. I hear Draco and Leon both shouting my name, telling me to come back, but the world around me suddenly goes on mute and the only thing I can hear is my fast heartbeat as I run.

I don't care there are plenty of Death eaters all around me, fighting with the students and also teachers, who finally decided to join the battle. I'm only focusing on finding Theo. I'm headed to where Leon told me he might be - the bathrooms. That's the only place where the other side of the Slytherin corridor leads.

Theo has been my first boyfriend and however bad things ended between us, I can't let him die somewhere alone in the ruins of the castle. That's right - ruins. This castle is headed there as some of the walls are already destroyed or with plenty of holes in them. There's dust everywhere and the battle still continues. Something tells me it will for quite some time.

For a moment, as I was running toward the boy's bathroom, I could swear I saw a glimpse of my father's face. He's still here?

I finally get inside the bathroom and gasp my mouth in shock. On second thought, I could use one or two hands in this situation.

A tall fat troll is standing there with screaming Theo in his hand, holding his one feet, head down. That would explain the huge hole in the wall.

"Help!" Screams Theo from his last breaths.

The troll has been holding him like this for an unhealthy time, judging by Theo's red face and pulled veiny eyes. He won't last long. I have to do something.

"Hey, you fat ass!" I shout at the troll.

It was easy for him to notice me, but what now? How can I get the troll out without hurting Theo even more?

"Please, help!"

Deep in my thoughts, I almost allowed the scary looking troll to grab me into his other hand. He missed and bumped his hand against the wall, which made the white tiles fly out. I immediately covered my head with my arms, but I got one into my back. Extreme pain spread through my whole body, I couldn't fight the scream of pain.

The tile is stuck in my back. I quickly take a look at the troll, who's now busy with Theo, and raise my hand back to the place between my scapula and spine. I deeply inhale and find the tile in my flesh. It's square shaped, almost as big as my hand. Only one of its points is in me, which makes me feel a bit better.

With a long exhalation, I gently pull the tile out of my back with scream. My sight goes black for a few seconds as I'm breathing hard through what I've just done. My shaking fingers are covered in my blood.

"Watch out!" Shouted Theo all of sudden.

I quickly lift my gaze up at the troll and realized his fist is about to smash me from up. I screamed in shock and rolled my body out of the place where it's gonna land. As I was rolling, I pressed my back wound hard against the floor, which made my eyes water from the extreme pain.

With his unsuccessful attempt to smash my body, I gain a few seconds, so I try to stand up and focus on what I'm about to do.

I'm sorry Theo, I have to do this.

I lift both my arms to the air and wait a while until I start to feel tingling of magic in my fingertips. That's when I know I'm ready. With a loud shout, my magic lifts the troll from the ground a few meters up. I've never done such big weight, so I tackle a few steps backwards.

I have the troll in the air, so the only thing to do now is throw him out of the huge window, that's luckily as big as him. Maybe he'll have to squeeze in for a bit.

But before I do that, I make sure he releases Theo's body from his hands. What I did not expect is how hard he threw him to the ground before he flew out of the window with a scream.

Theo has been thrown to a broken and pointy piece of ceramic sink. Without hesitation, I run toward him and kneel by his body. There's a...there's a...oh my god, I think I'm going to throw up. I don't know whether the white thing is bone or the broken sink. His whole left arm is teared apart with a pointy piece of the white sink.

Theo's screaming in pain and there's nothing I can do. I just stare at him in a total shock. I've never seen such an injury, I can't move him.

"I don't wanna die..." he sobs.

I immediately look away from his arm and turn to his face, that's losing consciousness. His eyes are slowly closing, but his tears are still rolling out of them, falling down his cheeks.

"Shhh..." I gently put his hair out of his forehead.

"Amelie...are you Amelie? No?" He asks with his eyes closed.

"Yes,"

"Never mind...if you meet Amelie, tell her she's the best I ever had."

From this point, things happen way too fast. Draco and Leon come to the bathroom and ask what happened, but I can't tell them because I can't open my mouth. My sight is getting worse and worse and the next thing I know, I'm collapsing into Draco's hands.