17 | seven

Amelie
________

I recognize this place - it's my father's office. It's a dark place even with two big windows, the sun never shines into this part of the house. The only source of light is coming from the lit candles on his desk and walls.

Why doesn't he use the electricity? I asked myself, but the answer appeared right in front of me, when my father came into the room.

He is my father, but not in his today's appearance. It's young Tom Riddle in his 20s, with his dark hair brushed back, narrow nose and lips full like mine. I know it's him from his old pictures. What a handsome man.

He sat on by his dark wooden desk and tilted his head backwards. I'm standing right in front of the desk, staring at him, but he can't see me. This is just a dream.

He's thinking about something, can't figure it out and he hates it - feeling weak.

A few minutes passed with him just sitting and looking at the ceiling, when suddenly, he grabbed a silver pen and wrote a numerous amount of numbers seven. 7, 7, 7...

Why seven? What does that mean?

Then he wrote something else down, something like a word. When I came closer to him, I saw he wrote: the last one is seven.

He let go of his pen and grabbed another thing into his hand. One of his seven rocks on the desk, sorted from the smallest to the biggest one. He grabbed the last one - the biggest one and kept staring at it, almost like he's hypnotizing the rock.

This went on for a good few minutes, until he decided to stop the madness and put down the rock. But then he did another thing. It's hard to read his mind, because his face doesn't give off any sign. It's his fast movements when the lightbulb in his head suddenly lights.

He opened the golden decorated drawer that I've been trying to unsuccessfully open, and took out a small photograph. I had to walk behind him to see it clearly.

I leaned over his shoulder and looked at the picture.

It shows a young girl, probably in my years, with blonde hair and beautiful smile.

That's when I realized she's my mother. She looks the same as on the one picture I found in Narcissa's room.

My father spent whole ten minutes looking at the picture and then he just simply put it back and quickly left the office.

I woke up into a dark night.

What the fuck. This dream has left me confused and wanting to know more.

Where did he hurry so suddenly?

Did he go meet with her? We're they already together?

I have so many questions...and what's with the symbolic of number seven? Does it actually mean anything or is it just a coincidence?

The last one is seven.

However hard I keep trying, I can't make my mind up about this. I need some fresh air, this room is full of tension. I wouldn't be able to fall asleep anyway.

I got out of my warm bed and walked out of the room, through the corridor, downstairs to the common room. I knew it would be empty, who would be there at 3am?