38 | one dance

Amelie
________

"Ouch!" I sobbed when Ginny accidentally pulled my hair and head back.

"Sorry!"

She's curling my hair a bit, I didn't really want it but she insisted. The golden sparkly dress I'm wearing to the ball is laying on the bed, waiting for me.

"I really don't want to go," I whined and opened my eye to put on some mascara on my lashes.

"But you have to to make Draco mad," added Ginny and smiled provocatively.

"Exactly," I nodded my head and finished my makeup.

"Honestly, why don't you two just fuck already?"

How am I supposed to know? There were so many chances, but every time me and Draco got too close to each other, he left. Just like that, with no explanation.

"Oh, I'd really like to go on the ball, you're so lucky to be a Slytherin," whined Ginny and put pins into my hair.

"Why aren't you?"

"Because I was stupid in the first year and asked the hat to be in Gryffindor. And honestly, can you imagine how my family would react if I was put into Slytherin?" She asked and giggled.

"I guess you're right," I mumbled.

When Ginny finished my hairstyle - curled hair let down to my shoulders and pinned to X shape on the sides, she sat on the chair. She did a great job. Then the last thing for me to do was to put my dress on.

Ginny helped me to zip it on my back and then she asked me to do a spin in front of her.

"Gorgeous."

I met the boys - just the two of them - on the corridor. They're dressed in black suits with white shirts underneath, Theo's hair is combed back and Leon's long split to the sides. When he saw Ginny, he went in for a kiss.

"You look stunning," said Theo when he looked at me from up to down.

"Thank you. Where's Draco?"

"At home, helping with the ball and stuff," answered Leon.

We went through the castle to the outside to a dark, but pleasantly warm evening. It's March, which means my birthday is in a month. I've never really had birthday parties at home, it was always just aunt May and my father, which didn't really count as a party. But now that I have some friends, I wonder what we'll come up with.

The way to the Hogsmeade took us longer than usual, due to my high heeled shoes. Theo offered to carry me in his arms, but I quickly refused to do such thing, my dress is too beautiful to be damaged by his clumsy hands.

"How much are you bringing?" Asked Theo to Leon as we were walking.

"A lot, man, a fucking lot. We're all gonna be out the whole trip," he answered and laughed with him.

"A trip? You're going?" I asked.

They both looked at me.