Chapter 55 - Darken

Ryker POV

Thoughts consumed me, be it either Nicholas or Emmeline.

They've accepted each other despite all the reasons they have not to be together.

"I knew you would be up here" I grabbed the branch and climbed up, I sat on the branch across her which was positioned a bit lower than mine.

"What do you want?" she asked, "if there is nothing important I'd like to be alone"

I sighed, "Nick confessed to you in front of everyone"

"I don't wanna talk about it Ry" she looked down from the tree.

"What is it so different from the last time he confessed to you?" I snapped at her, "five years ago he did the same, a few months ago when he thought you were Gabriella, he confessed again and when he found that you were Emmeline he held onto you after letting you go, he basically played with you babygirl, so why? Tell me why are you thinking about him? What is so different that you are hesitating to go ahead with him and then leave him again?"

"It is different Ryker, last time he didn't know anything about me, but this time he does and he is willing to take everything with me, he is ready to love me!"

"He doesn't know about him!"

"That's the problem Ryker!" she yelled, "do you honestly think that he would allow me to be with Nicholas, he god damn killed his own family! He used my sister as a tool so that he doesn't need to come out and face the world and now he found me to use me as a tool to take over Nicholas's power and Mafia" she faced me, "I wished that I didn't meet him that day, I wished that all that I thought was wrong, that what I was assuming would be just my own stupid imagination"

"We didn't see it coming Emmy, we didn't think that he was alive" I looked at her, "But what I want to know is now that you have accept Nick why you aren't you considering about just leaving him after you and him are done?"

I may have told Nicholas that she just wants to make sure of what her feelings are and that she proved them by coming to reveal herself infront of all those Mafias but I was afraid because this time neither of them are ready to let go of each other.

They weren't the naïve ones they were before and I was glad that somebody stood between the two because this time I was afraid that she wouldn't leave him.

"I thought that their blood wasn't in my hands Ry" she sniffed, "I thought that only Elizabeth was responsible for Nick's family deaths, I didn't know that he was after them because of me, that he wanted to kill them so that they wouldn't find out the fact that with me by their side, they could rule both the worlds without any inconvenience, that with one snap everything and everyone would be at their feet"

"It's not your fault babygirl" I sighed, "you were taken away from your family when you were only 5 years old, you were tortured to the point you tried to kill yourself, you took drastic measures to protect Eve and I, you trained hard both physically and mentally to the point that you learnt to shut off your emotions, you learned to conceal what you want from others and when you finally felt something, your sister barged into your life ruining everything for you, when you finally started to understand what love is and how much warm it feels to have a mother, she took it from you" I staring right at her, "when you fell again, you rose up Emmy, you fell countless times--

"I killed countless people Ry, I didn't feel any regret or guilt or pain when I did it" she stared at me blankly

I knew that what I was thinking was contrasting to the words I am saying, but there is nothing I can do except for wishing that she doesn't end up Nick.