Chapter 58 - No more

Emmy POV

"She is awake, just make sure she takes these medicines" Dr. Alessa smiled at me and Nick gave him a nod, "I'll take my leave then"

Damon walked Dr. Alessa out, I looked at the faces, Ethan smiled at me, Blaze, Ria and Sia looked at me then smiled.

"Wher-" I stopped talking as my throat was dry. Nick took the glass of water and held it to my mouth, I gulped it down, "thanks" he wiped the water that slipped through the glass to my chin, "where is Ryker?"

It was hard not seeing Ryker among them, I felt sad that he decided not to show again. I looked at Nick for an answer, his eyes held anger and rage towards Ry.

"Kaeden is with Eve, she seems to be passed out too" he said instead of answering my question.

The room door knocked, along with a fuming Kae came in Ryker, "I tried and threatened but he was so adamant on seeing her"

"Only a minute" Ry pleaded with Nick, he was trying to say something when I held his hand, his eyes met mine

"One minute" I said, he traced his finger along my face

"One minute and I am barging into the room" I shook my head smiling

"And you barge into the room" I affirmed it, with his finger brushing hard past my lip, he fixed his gaze on Ryker.

"Try anything and I will kill you" he said, I was happy that Nick chose to trust me, even if it meant leaving me with the person he hated. He chose to trust my decisions even it wasn't the thing he wanted. He closed the door behind me giving me one last look that told me he wanted to say a thousand words, a thousand thoughts were running in his mind, a thousand ways to change his decision and a thousand times that he wished he was right beside me.

I stared at him too and I wished he saw that it was the same with me, there was no more changing or putting passed the love I felt for him, no more thinking that it was safe for both of us if he wasn't in the picture because whether I liked it or not, he has already become a part of this, a part of my messed up life.

He was in the middle of the battlefield just like I was, and now I wasn't alone anymore, I had Nicholas by my side, someone I can hold onto and I planned to do so.

There was no more letting go of the man I loved anymore. I am going to protect him even if it means putting my life on risk, let the people come for me and him, I don't care what kind of a product I am, I don't care whether I am an experiment or not because I will and can become my own person.

Knowing that my dad Emmett and Owen were the reasons why I was in so much danger angered me. I was kidnapped by Owen because he wanted to control all the technology.

"I am sorry Emmy" were the first words Ryker said as Nick closed the door, "I am so sorry that I left"

"I already have let go of it Ryker" I sighed looking at him, "I don't care about it anymore"

"But I do because I love you Emmeline" he walked towards me, "I left the person I valued and loved the most alone at the time she felt alone, I chose to leave instead of staying and I am so sorry for that" he knelt before the bed, his eyes glassy, "I am sorry Emmeline" he touched my cheek, I moved back from his touch, his hand fell lifelessly on the bed.

"We can't Ry" I said, I knew he felt that way for me for a long time but he left Eve and I when we needed him the most and I chose to accept his decision but this time it wasn't the case,

"I love him Ryker, I love everything about him, he brought the life out of me, I felt like a living corpse since I could remember and when I met Nick, he didn't see me as a 16 year old broken girl, he saw me as simply me and although he shot me, I understand it because for him family meant life and death but he didn't choose to shoot because he wanted to, he followed the ways he was brought up"