Epilogue

4 years later
______________

"Mommy who are they?"

"Our family" I said hugging my kid who stared at the photos of all the people that we lost that night.

Xavier. A brother I gained and lost.

Hannah, a sister that helped me through my tough time

Derek, an ally who came in disguise to us

Amyelia, the sister-in-law that I was never able to bond with.

Daniel, the other half of Javen, a brother I lost

Altros, the group that protected us to the very day.

Marinette, the girl who confessed her love at the moments of agony. The lover of Ethan.

Aiden and Linda, the lovers that were drowned despite their attempt at redemption.

Queen Nolena and King Howard. The royals that were locked for most of their life and weren't able to live on but at least in their locked time, they had each other.

And lastly to all the souls that stood by us and fought with us.

"Where are they?"

"At a place that they are safe Natalya" Nick spoke kissing my cheek and the top of our daughter's head, "where is Elijah?"

"I am here dad!" our son wriggled out of Jav's hand and ran towards us. Nick picked him up and ruffled his hair, "I want mom!" he whined

"She is carrying your sister"

"You carry her" he ordered as Natalya stretched her hands towards her father enthusiastically, "see she wants you"

Nick chuckled and held Natalya as I took our commanding son.

"He is going to be a great leader" Carlos walked in with his family along with Jav, Ethan and the men that saved us

"Ready to visit them?" Kaeden smiled sadly at Eve as Levine held out a small grown up Mel.

Evelana and Kaeden. The couple that went through all the separation that the world could throw them and here they were standing by each other after vowing to spend the rest of their lifetime in health and sickness

"Yeah, lets go" Nico walked in with Ria and her baby boy Dylan that had grown up from the last time I saw them

Nicolai was devastated by Amyelia's death because she was the one that was able to keep Nico alive but now Nico had my husband, his brother, to stand by him and so did he had us.

But there was one more person that should not be remembered but unfortunately he crossed my mind

Ryker Randez. A foe who was a friend to Henry. The only person that went unscathed cause Henry saw him as his child. It was a connection that no one thought.

________________
Flashback
_______________

"NICK! EMMY!"

"Are we dead already?" Ethan muttered

"All at the same time?"

"NICK!!"

"Ms. EMMELINE?!"

"Is that Kaeden's voice?" Nick looked at me confused as I reflexively turned to Javen

"Levine and Kaeden" both of us spoke,

"Dan sent Levine to wake Kae cause he was ready to be woken" Jav said, "WE ARE HERE!!"

The rustling sound came before the two tall figures stood in front of us, "Quick insert the syringes to them" Kae ordered as the two of them injected some vial, "Daniel knew Henry's plan so he extracted some of the nanos from mine"

"The original ones" I mumbled as he nodded, "Kaeden are you really here?"

The reddish liquid was slowly leaving the tube and entering my body. Daniel was the one who said that he would extract some of my nanos, he was able to successfully multiply the dosage to heal Kaeden's body and now they were the exacts things that was saving us

"Emmy I am here because of you" he sat me up while Nick stared at him, "and this guy can't live without me"

"How?" Nick questioned, "I watched your body burn"

"The Dark Angels saved me and your woman saved me with her knowledge" he spoke, "now let's go, Levine needs to burn these grounds so that no one knows that you guys are alive"

"You sure these will work?"

"Only time will tell us" he spoke holding his woman that held onto him tightly

________________
Flashback over
________________

The sacrifice had been too big for us to be unaffected but right now staying with them and living alongside this family made it a bit bearable.

Life isn't about living but rather about surviving. We were too damaged to live but the sacrifices made for us, gave us the will to survive. A will that made us leave behind the mafia world but still be behind the curtains cause our enemy was undefeated and powerful.

After all Henry wasn't the only enemy that would meet us in the long run cause it seems like Nick's past was starting to threaten our family and safety. The nightmare that he once dreamt was starting to become a reality.

But in this brokenness, we became whole.