Chapter 43 - Your way

Gabriella POV

"You need to promise me that you won't go all cavewoman on me" Ryker talked as he helped me with the hand exercises, since I was laying on this hospital bed for nearly a month and my muscles were stiff and it was going to be hard if I started to walk suddenly.

"What is it?"

For the past few weeks Zane and Alek was missing in action. Either no one was willing to tell me where they went or no one knows where they went. Ethan would occasionally visit me before he went MIA too

"I found Evelana" my eyes widen, I stared at him and when I knew what I heard was exactly what he said, I fumbled with the wires and needles, "it would have been better if you went all cavewoman on me than try to get out of this bed" he pinned me down.

"Ryker what are you doing here if you found out where she was?" I snapped at him.

I was angry and annoyed at myself and him because I was stuck in this bed and he wasn't doing anything even when he had the chance to save her

"Because George is the one who is keeping her and Owen knows where exactly we can find George" he spat the two names like venom, "so I need you to talk to Alek about us meeting Owen"

"Are you mad?!" I hissed, "he hasn't even visited me since the day I woke up and he tried to shoot me for the second time Ryker and for what?" I chuckled, " nothing fucking nothing, for something I don't have a part in"

"Alek met Nylah" he sighed "he knows everything about that day"

"About Emmett too?" he nodded his head, "about my past?" he shook his head

"Just about that day" he said, "he knows that you didn't do it but Gabriella you and I both need to accept the fact that we were a part of it"

"Not like we had a choice Ry, we didn't know that when we escaped we would be helping them"  

"If we want to get to Eve we need Owen" he changed the subject

"Why can't you find George?" I asked puzzled

"There is someone who is good at the same stuff I am doing although not as much as good as I am"

"Kyle" I stated

"Kyle?" he raised an eyebrow, " as in Kyle Alejandro?" I nodded, "but he was with Nylah how did he end up with them?"

"Even I didn't know, it was Owen who said it"

"You believe him?" he shook his head in disbelief, "I thought we agreed to the fact that we can't trust anyone"

"I didn't believe it too okay Ryker!" I looked at the door and the window then at myself laying on the bed, "but when we went to Canada I was proven wrong. Kyle was with them, he was there in the picture with Rayna, Aiden and Fabio. He had changed his looks like we all have"

"But we warned Nylah not to let anyone know about them being alive"

"We can't stop Kyle from leaving Ry, he is a grown up and he knows the truth so he will go in search of the ones who killed his family just like any of us would do"

"But walking right into the enemies' base, that's not a good idea"

The door opened and Daniel walked in with Javen, "Good to see you up and alive"

"How are you?" I shrugged, "I am sorry I wasn't there Em"

"Hey, even I wasn't aware of that person until I got in the car since I was thinking about something else"

"Yeah about me" Ryker smirked as I rolled my eyes

"I thought Jav was lying about you being abducted, I mean we weren't worried when Alek kidnapped you since we already knew what he meant to you"

"If it wasn't Ryker who sent us the message, we would never believed it" Daniel hugged me, "keep your guard up Em, it isn't going to be easy" I pat his back

"And I don't like you going on a killing spree without telling us" Jav glared at me, "did you find her?"

"Ryker did but we need to talk to Owen"

"Actually I wanted to talk about that Rayna one" I raised an eyebrow at him,

"She is Alek's to be bride"

"Huh?"

"Apart from that, her father has connections with our Kingdom and is also a  business partner with Owen" Ryker spoke, "our best lead is Alek and you are the person who can talk to him out of the four of us since I am already in his 'bad books' because of you" he put speech marks on the word bad books

"Yeah these two were ready to fight each other if it wasn't for us" Daniel pointed at him and Jav

"Why the fuck am I the reason?" I stared at him

"Because baby girl you said you loved me"

"So?"

"What would be the first impression when we confess our undying love at each other like that in front of someone?"

"I don't know, I just told it because I missed you " I shrugged.

"She may be the smartest in the room but when it comes to love there is no one dumber than her"

"Hey I read romance books!"

"Just get Alek to take me to Owen" he sighed, "we need to get to Eve before something else happens"

"I don't know Ry" I sighed

He stood up and hugged me closely, "it will all be over soon baby just bare it with me okay?" I hugged him back, "you need to be strong for the three of us Gabriella. I am not willing to lose either of you" he kissed my head.

"Three of us?" I looked at the door where Alek stood with a blank face staring at the two of us hugging each other, "what do you mean that you are not willing to lose either of them?" he looked straight at Ryker, to my face then to my stomach.

"Is he thinking what I am thinking" Jav whispered stifling his laugh

"Don't you even dare to think about it Ryker!" I hissed glaring at his smirking face, "No! Ry don't you dare!" I slapped his hand. He leaned in closer to my face

"We can have some fun with him" he chuckled, "let's test him shall we?"

"No!" I denied him, "let's get our work done shall we?"

"Hmm negotiating?" he was weighing his options between teasing Alek and what we actually wanted

"Are you seriously thinking about it?"

"Fine! Your way then" he surrendered.