Chapter 74 - Bound to fall in love

Emmy POV

I turned around at his voice, the voice that calmed the storm inside me as well as our to be born little muffin.

We were at each others arms in seconds. The tight protective hold he had on me made me feel so relaxed and safe. He soothed my hair as I laid my head on his beating heart. The sound of his heart made me feel alive.

"Where did you go?" my voice muffled as I spoke.

"I went to find you but I realized that you would come finding me"

His presence next to me was all that I needed.

"Nick knew that you would come here so we took the route back to this place" Nico answered, his eyes searching for his one.

"She is with them"

Javen pulled up the replay of the conversation I had with their mother. I could see the anger in Nico's eyes as he gazed at his wounded wife trapped in that horrid cage.

"We are going to save her Nico" he looked at his brother in hope, "I won't let mom take my sister-in-law away"

"Then we need to get there cause we don't want her waiting" he winked hiding his pain, "let's cut the chase Emmy, you know that Henry is our dad and together with our mom, he has being the one behind all those problems we faced"

"I know"

All of us exchanged what we knew as I held onto Nick's hand tightly.

"So our only chance at defeating the wannabes of yours is finding the device Queen Nolena had built?"

"We find Queen Nolena then we find the device"

"What do you mean?"

"Emmy was right, Queen Nolena and King Howard is alive" Dan stated

"What?!" the twins looked at me.

"Henry can't kill her although she was the first successful subject, she is also his antidote"

"For?"

"His incurable disease, a disease that should have killed him years ago" Jav spoke, "Henry has been using Queen Nolena's blood to live and since she has nanobots just like Emmy so you know the perks of it"

"Then why would he keep King Harold alive?"

"No offense but your father is a psychopath" Dan pointed out, "and being the psychopath he is, he just wants to see King Howard live in pain by making him watch the way he is sucking the life out of Queen Nolena"

Nick instinctively tightened his hold on my hand as he was a bit taken back by Dan's words.

I couldn't fathom the misery he was feeling after knowing that his mother was the reason behind every death he witnessed and his supposed biological father was one psychopath that brought him to this world.

He must be replaying the words that Adrien said to him. The words that compared Nick to a psychopath and now that he really knows how messed up of a father he has, it must be tearing him apart as he reminds himself of his sister Lynn.

I leaned my body towards him so that he knows and understands that I will always be by his side. That even if the world around us is pure hell, we will still be blazing like the most beautiful fiery blue flame. And even if we are killed by their arrows, we will rise up from the ashes like a black phoenix.

We were born to a world of violence and hate, a world that makes a sane man go insane, a world where innocent souls get tainted and where people like us are constantly challenged be it either for power or something even more dangerous than that.