Chapter D - Don't Wanna Put You In Danger 》5 Years Ago

Emmeline POV

"Where were you?" his voice stilled both Eve and I at the door, Ryker had left us to grab the stuff. Eve clutched my hand tightly.

I turned around putting my blank face, "At the mall" he started walking towards us, "what do you want Aiden?"

"What I want?" he stared at me smirking, "what I want is you my dear Emmeline" he pulled me away from Eve.

Aiden would obey any orders given to him if he knew that he could fear his victims and right now I was one of them.

"Let go of me" he just laughed at my struggle, the front door opened and walked in the person I used to call my father.

"What did she do this time?" he glared at me, he wanted me to keep Aiden happy and satisfied while he played with his women playtoys. And right now a woman with barely any clothes was wrapped around his arm. She was grinding herself to George right in front of everyone

"Nothing at all sir" Ryker walked in, the only two I was grateful in this household was him and Evelana, "brother she was with me all day I swear"

"Is that so?" Aiden asked me, I nodded, he released me, "okay then" he sighed, "I have a meeting I'll be off, Ryker make sure these girls won't go anyone"

"Yes brother" he answered,

Ryker was different in front of his family and the Mafia members, he was serious and dangerous in front of them but in front of Eve and I, he was relaxed, he hated the way they did business, I, myself, hated how Aiden, Owen, his father and George my father did the work. There was no word in the dictionary to express how I felt about it.

They did the dirty business and the money flew into their pockets in bundles of trillions, they treated girls like slaves and plays with them like puppets.

I was in this house as I long as I can remember, watching them do everything. When I was nine years old, I met Ryker, he was the quiet boy in the house, his eyes always hooked on his computer, his fingers rapidly typing, I didn't have the guts to speak to anyone after I saw George killing two young girls and two young men. I would cry at night and in the washroom, when one day Ryker found out and consoled me, and ever since then, he was right there with me.

He taught me the basics of defending myself and attacking if someone came at me. It was always the two of us. I would watch as he played with his laptop, learning a few things from the eleven year old boy, who was good at finding stuff and looking at what his family and members did, he wanted to get out of this hell as much as I wanted to.

When we were around the age 12 and 14, we saw a truck at the backyard. Both of us knew we couldn't get near it, but Aiden was with his father Owen whenever there was an shipment since he was the next in line to lead the Mafia, so we installed a mini camera on his shirt so that Ryker and I could watch what was happening. Neither of us could sleep so days after we saw what was happening.

They had brought in girls around my age to 19 years in that truck, they categorize girls from 12-14 years making them work in the house and warehouses, girls that were age of 15 and 16 worked as waiters in brothels and bar houses, girls around 17 and 18 years were used for auctions, human trafficking and girls around 19 years, we watched them being pulled and pushed among the members of the mafia, they tore their clothes apart and had their way with them as the girls screamed and cried for help. Those cries for help haunted me every time I closed my eyes.

Evelana, was one of the girls who came in that truck, she worked at the house, she was in charge of the west wing where Ryker, Aiden and I had our rooms. I watched her cower every time Aiden passed looks at me, and the men in the hallway looked at her lustfully,