Chapter 14 - Going back

Gabriella POV

"Duck Ms. Gabriella" Levine's body covered me. Two armed men passed us

"Thanks"

"Wait!" Levine grabbed my hand halting me from opening the room door that I woke up in the morning. He took two pair of gloves and handed one over to me and wore one himself and then proceed to open the door

"We can't have them tracing us back now do we?" he smiled as I realized my stupid mistake. How Levine and I ended up on the 50th floor?

Flashback

"Fuck!" I cursed loudly

"Gabriella you know one more try and it will alarm the Arsonists' Mafia right?" Lexi concerned voice spoke

"I know Lexi but we need to see what happened"

"Why don't we go and see?"

"You think I haven't thought about it" I glared, "but it is a risk and we have an hour before the guys come in and check on us"

There has to be a fucking way that we could know what the fuck happened. We couldn't go from the elevator it was a direct exposure, plus the 50th button on the elevator works on a fingerprint.

I typed vigorously on the laptop to access the camera, but these pop-ups keeping coming. I wasn't good at computers like Ethan, I wasn't comfortable with Lexi beside me since she would start to question how I learnt all this, I was fast behind the wheels that's what everyone knows. I couldn't bring out the guy who taught me everything about computers without exposing my identity and where I actually came from.

"Miss Gabriella, what are you searching?" Levine's voice startled both of us.

"Levine" I spoke, he saw what we were doing, "I need you to not to say a word about this do you understand me?"

"I understand you Ms. Gabriella"

"That's it take Levine and go" Lexi's face lit up

"Take me where Ms. Gabriella" he looked at me confusedly.

"Lexi you know that I can't take him" I argued, I can't drag everyone into this, I've done that and paid a huge price for my mistake

"You can and you will, I'll cover up for you" she said

"Ms. Gabriella I have made a promise to my boss to protect you at all costs so I will be accompanying you whether you know it or not"

Flashback

So now Levine and I are in the room we woke up.

"Ms. Gabriella is this where you were when everyone was searching for you?" he looked around the room and his eyes met the red stained mirror

"Yes Levine" I answered as I lifted the pillows for any clue

"What are we searching for Ms. Gabriella?"

"Anything, anything you find suspicious" unfortunately there weren't any cameras in the room but it was odd, why keep us in a room with no cameras?

"Isn't it weird that in a clean black and white room there is a big red bear?" I turned around as Levine pointed at the red bear sitting straight across the bed. I walked and took it.

There was a hole in his neck, I shifted my head to the side and looked at the couch that was supporting a camera. My eyes met the collar of the bear that was supporting a symbol too familiar. The symbol that links my past and memories that someone has taken away from me.

"Levine we need to go!" I hissed as I took his hand and the camera. We opened the door and there was five armed men covering their faces.

Levine pushed me behind and elbowed three men quickly, the other two hoisted me up, but I kicked one on the shin as he dropped me and then bend the other man down and kneed him. They both grunted but that didn't stop them.

Levine took a gun and shot the man on the head.

"I am going to kill this bitch" the man I kicked in the shin grunted but before he could punch, his hand stopped midway to my face, and the trigger that was about to be pulled at Levine stopped too.

The five men backed away before walking away from us

"What is happening?"

"I don't know but I know that we need to get out of here, Lucas will be back in my room any minute"

We both ignored the strange behavior and ran down the stairs and into the room. The second we closed the door it opened

"Why do you look so frightened?"

"Lucas I could be dressing" I swallowed and spoke

"Levine is here, you wouldn't be naked" he deadpanned, "anyways Daniel and I will be on our way since Jav and Bryan left"

"Okay we'll message once we leave" he nodded

"And um Gabriella" I hummed, "no it's nothing" he then walked out of the room.

"Lexi laptop" I ordered as she handed it, I sat on the couch and inserted the SD card as Levine and Lexi stood behind the couch, "Levine not a word about this please"

"Of course Ms. Gabriella" he promised

The screen lit up but it was pitch black and time running in seconds was being shown, for two minutes it was nothing.

"Gabby go and take a wash and get ready and I'll look with Levine" Lexi told

"But—

"We can't be late as you said Gabby" I handed her the laptop as she took my place in the couch and Levine sat beside her. I took my clothes and headed to the washroom.

The cold water touched my skin as I thought about all the things I have done to get here, the fake family, the fake truth, a fake identity and a fake name. Everything I have right now was fake, not a single thing was anything closer to the truth I know.

Closing the shower faucet, I wiped the water on my body and grabbed my dress wearing it and I walked out of the washroom

I was dressed in dark purple gown with a golden butterfly placed in the belt of the dress, my hair was curled up and placed on a somewhat messy neat bun.

"Anything?" I asked grabbing my golden heels

"Nothing it's being black for twelve minutes now" Levine answered

"We need to get going Gabby, my brother called me asking where we were?"

"Grab the SD card with you" I said as she closed the laptop and stood up with Levine who was wearing a black tuxedo and Lexi who was wearing a black strapless dress.

'You look dashing Levine and congrats on making it to the head of security"

"Thank you Ms. Gabriella"

Something is going down tonight and that floor wasn't the Arsonists Mafia's floor it was someone else's, and this person knew very well that I was coming. I knew that because of the smile that was drawn on the mirror underneath the words. And I knew he was back with a mission on his mind.

You - 0
Me  - 1