Chapter 70: Part 2 - One in a Million

Emmeline POV

"The thing is Nick that even you don't remember what happened that day, all you know is what Adrian put into your head and what I allowed you to find"

The Premio turned into a lane that was abandoned but all the buildings screamed money, it took a while before the vehicle stopped and the door opened.

Ryker got down first, then Nick and Elizabeth pushed me out of the vehicle, fortunately Nick and Ryker quickly held me.

"Stop whatever you plan on doing Liz" Ryker warned her.

"You ok?" I nod at Nick inching closer to him away from Ryker.

The only reason why I wasn't fighting back them was because they had our family locked up, my only hope was that Ethan would find a way out of it. Keeping a tight hold on me, Nick eyed the surrounding with caution. I hope that Gina is already inside with the rest.

And I needed to stop them from finding whatever they need from my memories.

Walking towards the gate of the big warehouse, Nick and I stopped and shared a look of uneasiness. Going forward now means that we will never be able to forfeit and we will confront our pasts. The same past that shattered our memories.

With our linked hands, the two of us pushed the gate open.

"Nick watch out!" both of us looked at each other before darkness enveloped around us.

Flashback - [Childhood]

"I can't run anymore" Ameylia breathed out, "Nicolai please I can't"

"C'mon little Randez let's go" Nico crouched down as Nick and I stared at the duo

"Stop calling me that name" she gritted at him, "I am not their daughter anymore"

"You can't throw away family Amy, no matter how bad they are"

"Well I can" she huffed at him.

"She is right Nico, I am tired too, we can't run anymore"

Nick looked at me, "Nico let's find a place to hide, you know we can't outrun them"

"But where?"

Nick pointed at the warehouse next to us, "They won't think that we will go inside it since we are kids and are afraid of the dark"

"Well brother none of you might be afraid but I am"

"C'mon brother it's our only choice, besides we'll be together"

"Fine, I hope none of you are sacred of spiders"

"Nico" Nick warned as I inched closer to him and Amy inched closer to Nico.

Walking beside each other, we opened the gate and stepped inside, the area was eerily quiet and the cold wind sent shivers down my body.

"I am beginning to think that coming here was a bad idea" Nick muttered lowly, I held his hand as he looked down at me, "don't worry princess I am here"

"But you are scared" I whispered lowly, afraid that someone will jump at us and afraid from scaring Nico and Amy who were holding each other tightly.

"But I was the one who brought you here so I promise I'll keep everyone safe" I stared at him, "I promise so hold my hand"

I did what he told as we finally stepped into the front porch, warning signs were pasted everywhere but we ignored them.

"It's locked what do we do now?"

I looked around and removed my hand from Nick's, he quickly grabbed my wrist back, "Where are you going?" I pointed at the small box

He walked with me and put me behind him as he crouched down and opened the box that held the key.