Chapter 66 - Time

Nicholas POV

"Emmeline" she stared at me questionedly, "will you marry me?"

Emotions are dangerous. They are a rollercoaster in our life. It is fascinating to the people watching from the TV but once you get on that rollercoaster....

I watched as her eyes scanned my face confused, "I know that I don't deserve to ask you this right after what you saw and I know that this isn't the way how any girl fantasied as to how a guy asks her hand in marriage and I know that a monster like me doesn't deserve someone like you and I also don't know what I am saying" I sighed closing my eyes and when I opened them, princess was grinning at me, "what?" I smiled at her.

....it will go up and down and round and round, the only twist is you won't be able to get out of the emotional rollercoaster ride..

It was a relief to see her smile after what she saw, I thought the second she hears what happened she would leave me but all my fears left the moment she said she won't leave me.

"Yes" she smiled, my eyes widened, I sat up with her on my lap.

And the reason childhood is awesome for many kids is because they get on the ride much later than some of us

"Are you joking?" I asked nervously, it wouldn't be a problem for her to reject me again,

"No" she answered.

"Are you sure?" she nodded her head, "even after everything you saw and witnessed?" a sad smile fell on her face before she looked at me and nodded

"I am sure" she affirmed it

I took the small box from the drawer, "There is no going back princess" I stared at her opening the black box that held two pure silver rings, "once I put this ring on your finger, no one can take you away from me" I said taking the small ring from the box that was made for her, "I will kill anyone who looks at you like they want you and touch you like you belong to them like I did with Uriel, I will spare them no mercy"

We realize that what we take for granted is sometimes a miracle for others.

She gulped when I told her the truth as to why Uriel had to die, he should have known better than to put a search for princess just because he wanted her. Willowe being there wasn't a coincidence, but what princess saw was what I had to do to get the information I needed, I didn't have any excuse for what I did for I knew it was wrong. Willowe was the one who held the transaction between two Kingdoms and sometimes friendships and alliances comes with a price.

"I am ready" she said but I wanted her to think again

"Once this ring is on you I will spare no one who hurts you" I warned her, "you will see the beast I hid frequently once you allow me to put this on you, you will never be able to run away from me and the promise I gave you months ago stating that I will choose my life over yours becomes void as I will protect you with my life--

She kissed my lips, almost immediately I kissed her back, "I will kill anyone who thinks that you belong to them" she said into the kiss as her finger ran through my hair tugging at it, she pulled back smirking, "but why do I feel like you are regretting asking me to marry you?"

Taking people for granted is actually showing that you don't value that person. And when times comes, reality will hit you with a brick, to show that you were delusional..

I bit her lip, "I just want you to know about all the risks before you jump into the steaming waters" I pecked her lips

... Delusional enough to think that they belonged to you. Delusional enough to think that they won't get out of your grasp or that no one will be able to take them away from you...