Chapter 40 - Begging For A Kiss

Gabriella POV

"You came" Ria smiled at me. Damon was asleep on the couch and none of the others were here except for some guards that were stationed outside.

I expect them to stop me but they bowed in response and opened the door.

"Of course I had to see my godchild" I winked at her and hugged her by the side. The little boy was wrapped in a white blanket, his eyes wide opened staring at me. He was so small.

"Want to hold Dylan?"

"That's his name?" I asked her and held the small baby in my hands. He seems to slowly close his eyes as I slowly bounce him in my arms

"Yeah" she answered as Damon woke up from his sleep.

"Hey" he said and I smiled, "I thought you won't come" I put the sleeping baby in the cot and hugged Damon.

"I am not staying, I wasn't sure if I was going to come again so I had to see the small one for the first and last time" I shrugged

"What about us then?" I turned around at Ethan's voice, "were you going to disappear without telling us?"

"How are you?" I hugged him despite everything in me was telling me to do the opposite. He hugged back

"You brought and left an annoying package in our house" he rolled his eyes. I looked at the watch in my hand.

12:30

"Annoying package?"

"He is talking about Rayna" Damon answered, "apparently she is causing trouble back at home"

"What do you mean?"

"She is all over Alek like a plague" Ethan rolled his eyes, "she is always trying to touch him and kiss him and acting like his god dammn wife which she is not"

Wife? Kissing? Touching?

"She is planning her wedding with Alek amidst all this mess"

"You mean me?"

"I didn't mean that Em but you know" he stepped forward as I took a step back, away from him, "Rayna's father gave her to Alek when he died"

I didn't know that nor did I know that Rayna was going to be his wife. But her father giving her to Alek doesn't mean that he has to marry her right?

13:05

"Now that I have seen you all, I better leave" I said after looking at the watch.

I was late and if I don't get out now I'll be in the hands of them.

"You leaving already?" Ria sighed. 

"You know that I just came to check up on you guys and to make sure that Logan's children are safe with Louis"

"Yeah I know the Dark Angels sent a message to us"

"I need to go Ria and good luck with him" she chuckled. I hugged them all and nodded as I left the hospital to its car park.

Countless thoughts were running through my mind that only when I unlocked my car and got in that I felt the presence of another person.

"Hello Gabriella" he placed a handkerchief on my nose filled with chloroform. It was no use fighting back for I had already inhaled it.

■■■■■■■■■■■

I felt the sting of the needle being inserted into my hand. The whirling sound of the fan was deafening that it made me unable to hear anything else for some time. My head felt light but my body felt heavy as if a heavy box was placed on my stomach.