Chapter 38 - Ethan's Choice

Alek POV

"Tell me what happened? you weren't in the casino when our team came there last month all what was left was a pile of bodies" we sat on the chairs

"When Ryan died, I had to leave, I couldn't stay close to you without remembering my brother" she said, "after giving you that call in Canada I removed any trace of Rayna Yvette and changed everything from papers to my looks, I applied to jobs since I couldn't transfer the money to my new account, everything was going smoothly until I came to Las Vegas, when I applied at Vegas La Caso, I didn't know that it belonged to Randez and Tyson or that was run by the underworlds, I worked there as a waiter. But something felt off after a few weeks, I started feeling like someone was following me"

"Following you?" she nodded

"Yeah, so when I tried to quit the person running the casino Fabio Trux didn't allow it, he forced me to work and if I didn't and fought back he let his customers play with me" she sobbed,

I didn't know what to do, should I hug her or say something, so I awkwardly pat her back, it was much easier when it came to princess, it was like my body knew how to react when she was sad, angry or had any other mood.

Three months have gone. Three months of questioning the choice I made

"Three months ago a woman came into the casino, either she knew where she was or not, every man in the casino eyed her, with her red dress and her black mask, she was the highlight of the day, it was like any other Mafia casinos, everyone was placing bets on her" she looked at me, "the woman started playing cards with the men and I just knew she was someone belonging to a mafia for she walked like she owned it all"

"Have you seen her before?"

"Yes, when I was taken to a cell, I always passed a room that was covered with her pictures it was like she was being worshipped"

Or targeted

"If I showed you a photo would you be able to identify her?" she nodded, I went to grab my phone when I remembered I left it in the car, "I'll show you it later, so what happened next?"

"She looked at me and smiled, at first I was afraid but when she punched the man that was messing with the waitresses, I was grateful, she was playing for some time and when I served her she placed a tissue paper, written it was telling me to get ready"

"Get ready for what?"

"I didn't know but right when Fabio entered to the casino room, she started shooting everyone, it was Iike standing in the middle of a war, she protected me until everyone except Fabio was killed and she gave me her extra gun when she hid me and made me promise that I don't come out no matter what happened and that she was making sure I went back to you unharmed"

My heart ached knowing that she was keeping her promises even when I hurt her.

"She fought with Fabio, she had run out of bullets when Fabio shot her in the shoulder" I clenched my jaw, "but she didn't stop her Nick she was like a killer machine even with the knife stabs and blood oozing out from her wounds, I couldn't watch the person who saved me die so I shot Fabio in his leg giving her the advantage, she didn't kill Fabio but tranquilized him. We put Fabio in the truck and drove away from the casino, she blindfolded me and took us somewhere, I didn't dare to ask her anything since she told me that she was doing you a favor, and when we stopped for the second time we were in front of an apartment and Fabio was gone"

"Where did she put Fabio?"

"I heard nothing, it was silent except for some grunts here and there" she crunched her nose, "after we went to the apartment she asked me whether there was another girl with her--