Chapter 44 - Answer is no

Gabriella POV

"Ms. Gabriella your heart is fine but you need to be careful, I know it is really hard to do with your job but it is important that you do so" Charlie said as he looked at the file and fiddled with the monitor, "you can leave tomorrow if you want to or can stay here for another two or three days either way it is your choice"

"Gladly" I smiled, "I'll be leaving tomorrow the first thing"

I can't stay here any longer I have work to do and neither can I bare to see the white plain walls any longer.

"You are really excited to leave this place I see" Charlie chuckled as I nodded, "but Ms. Gabriella before you leave tomorrow you have to do another test to check how your wrists and ankles are since you haven't walked since you came here"

"But I can feel my legs and wrists?"

"Though you can feel them it will be hard to walk after laying on the bed for a long time so"

The door opened and Alek walked in wearing his signature look and his phone in his hands. He looked between Charlie and I and put the phone away.

"Is there any problem Charlie?" He questioned standing beside the bed.

"Since she is now stable we need to worry about her walking and use of her wrists and feet"

"What do we need to do?" Alek stared at us. His expression blank but his eyes shifted to mine and stared straight at me.

"She needs to walk at least 10 steps a day and Ms.Gabriella wants to leave tomorrow--

"No" He stated, "she will stay here until her treatment is fully done"

"No I am not Alek" I stated looking at him, "I can't stay here anymore"

Alek was about to speak when Charlie cut him off, "My apologies sir but Ms. Gabriella can leave tomorrow and she can follow the routine I will give and if there are any complications I'll be one call away"

"See" I smirked, "even Charlie here agrees"

Alek hadn't talked with me since the last two weeks after he saw Ryker and me together and thought the impossible. He was still on edge with me, eyeing the moments when Ryker and I were together.

Aunt Nylah may have told him the truth about that day five years ago but even she didn't know it all. The very reason why there was an attack that day? The person who planned the attack? The friend who joined hands with the enemies to destroy the very person standing in front of me all because he was starting to get involved with me.

If Alek knows who wanted to kill him that day, he will go back to the days where his monstrous ways killed each and every one who crossed his path. He will be an unstoppable force driven by rage and betrayal.

"Okay then she will stay with me" he spoke, "Charlie give me the routine and I'll take care of it and her"

Charlie nodded, "If she can do ten steps today it will be great"

"Today?" I asked. My muscles were stiff and although I could move it was hard, I learnt my lesson when I fell the moment I stood up, luckily Sia walked in right at the moment. She helped me to walk to the washroom and back to the bed that day but I wasn't going to admit that to anyone.

"Yes your training starts today" Charlie said and walked out closing the door.

"I'll be there in a minute" Alek said.

He removed his coat and tie placing them on the couch beside. He rolled up his sleeves, I looked at his veins and muscles that fit tight on his shirt. He walked to the washroom and turned the faucet on, he walked out with a towel on his face wiping the water off. He was tired I knew it when he yawned. He walked towards the bed and looked at me.

"Did you eat?" I nodded in response, "good" he said as he removed his silver watch and placed them, his cufflinks, wallet and his phone on the small table beside the bed.

I knew the reason he was talking with me was because Ryker wasn't here with me or neither did anyone see him today. Ryker went off grid, he wanted to find more about Eve and Xavier before we go onto our next plan. And while he does his work I had to do my work here but his was easy on the other hand mine it wasn't easy at all, especially not when the person whom you need help from is on bad terms with you and is basically in a big misunderstanding with you.

"Sia said that you wanted to ask something from me what is it?" I blinked at him, "what do you want to ask?"

"Ryker wants to meet Owen" I said getting straight to the point

"No beating around the bush I guess" he chuckled, "and for your question the answer is no" he said looking all serious

"Can I ask why you won't allow him to meet Owen?" He looked away, "Nick?"

"The answer is no Emmeline" he stated firmly, "those two are family no matter what problem they have, you fall at mercy when it comes your family I've learnt it the hard way"

"I can assure you that Ryker won't save Owen at all" I pleaded, we need Owen to save Eve, "it is just we need some answers"

"Can we change the topic I really don't like repeating myself over and over again on the same question" he helped me take one step towards the bed

"Then I guess we don't have anything to talk about" I answered shrugging as we took another step

"Alright then I'll leave you to rest" he sighed and took me to his arms as I yelped in surprise and placed me in the bed.

"Are you serious?" I questioned rolling my eyes. I thought he would talk to me or would try to persuade me after he knew that I had no part in the attack that occurred five years ago.

"Yes" he replied pulling the duvets to my waist, "you can rest now" and with that he left the room grabbing all his belongings when Zane and Ria walked in with Dylan in her hands.

"Guess someone is in a grumpy mood" Zane said eyeing my face.

"Well Zane that's all thanks to your beloved best friend Alek"

"What did he do this time?"

I held Dylan in my hands as he stared at my face, before he slowly started closing his eyes, "Why is he always sleeping in my hands?"

"Who knows?" she shrugged, "it's good for us to know that his godmother is someone who can put him to sleep"

"But I wanna play with him" I whined

"How long are you going to avoid the question?"

"He doesn't allow us to meet Owen" he smirked looking our way, "what is going on in your head Zane?" before he could answer, the door opened and Ethan walked in smiling, "you are happy to see me aren't you Ethy?"

"I regret smiling at you now" he grumbled as he took Dylan from my hands, "rest means rest ninja"

"What I was going to say was why don't you just go and meet him, you can pass through the last stage of security too with Ethan and I beside you"

"Why are you dragging me into that?"

"I don't want to face his wrath alone"

"I knew it" Ethan glared, "so what is your choice?"

"You aren't kidding with me?"

"Do they look like that?" Ria spoke, I was contemplating whether to drag them.

"No we aren't going I am sure Ryker will find another way"