Chapter 63 - Control

Emmeline POV

"No one is pure in our world princess, everyone has done something they aren't proud of, but do you know, despite everything we rise up, you and I are stronger than anyone else, we survived something no one else could, you and I princess we go down history" he smirked, "a phoenix rises from ashes but we rose with the ashes, we are not bright and shinning like a phoenix because we have been to hell, our souls have and will have dark times ahead of us, that's why we are pitch black and dark" I stared at his handsome face, his sterling eyes boring into me, "in dark times we'll become the one to help our people, you would make a great Ruler"

"Nicholas, people would look upto you more than me. You have proven yourself to them so I know that you will be a great and powerful Ruler of the Eastern Kingdom"

"Una donna indistruttibile come te che è una regina accanto a me è ciò che fa di me un grande re potente" he wrapped his arms around me. (An indestructible woman like you being a Ruler beside me is what makes me a great powerful Ruler)

□□□□□

Nicholas POV

Even the most powerful Kings bows down to their Queen, it was in the nature of men to protect and spoil their one and only lover. Their Queen's made them weak and vulnerable, they bring out the best and worst in us.

They say 'Desire is in men a hunger, in women only an appetite.'

"Princess" she didn't hear me, she was just staring at herself in the mirror, my eyes gazed on the woman in the mirror.

I stood behind her and kept my hands on her shoulder, making her look at me from the mirror, "It's been almost 6 years Nick, everyone knew me as Gabriella Marcello and now the whole underworld knows me as Emmeline Steele"

"Not just Emmeline Steele princess" I bend down and placed my head on her shoulder, "Emmeline Steele, Ruler of the Eastern Kingdom"

She scoffed, "As if it helps the situation"

I chuckled, "Princess relax" she breathed out, "you will do great, if not I am right there with you"

"You sure I need to come?" she asked biting her lip. The crave for her body itches my skin and that itch was starting to burn as I get the sweet whiff of her lavender scent, the need to touch and devour every inch of her is intoxicating.

I turned her around and she stood up, "Princess I have always had my Ma behind me, she was the only woman who held me in my path of success and failure and then you came along crashing into my world--

"You were the one who crashed on top of my car" she scoffed

"Well that's true" I smirked, "and ever since then you slowly started creeping into my soul and heart until all I could think was of you princess, and somehow we came to this point despite everything, you became a hand that held me in all parts of my life and now you have become a Ruler of Mafia, a ruler that will rule beside me, and there is nothing in this fucking world that would make me change my mind, that will change my love for you" I placed a kiss on her forehead, "we'll have a time where we would try to hurt each other, leave each other and curse at each other, but not even a single part of my soul will let you leave me because I lost you twice and making the same mistake repeatedly is not a mistake. You promised me princess that you will be my shield and you promised me that you will try and this is our first mission as Rulers of a Mafia Kingdom, we need to know whom to trust and whom not to trust and this is our chance princess, we need to know who is honestly in our side before we go to Santiago's event"

"You do a better job than me in that area"

"You have an eye in that princess and you are the only one who can control me from killing our traitors" I winked, "and I need you princess to keep those eye raping women off me"