Chapter 39 - Zane Is Pissed

Alek POV

I looked at the locket swaying to the sides in between my two fingers. Giving a little nudge to the locket, it repeated its action again . What is in this? Why do I feel like I was missing something here. The way the bodies were laid outside the Scythe grounds looks so similar to how the bodies were laid outside my house five years ago. It felt like I was going in the wrong direction. That there was more to the story than just what I saw, I was starting to doubt my own self. And there was only one person that could clear all of my doubts. A survivor from the attack, a person I pushed away whenever she brought up the incident.

Aunt Jenny.

It was too painful for me to hear her repeat the past, where I lost everything. I took the pouch Rayna gave and put the locket inside it, grabbing the car keys along with the pouch I walked out of the room.

"Where are you going?"

"To meet Aunt Jenny"

"I am coming with you" I nodded, "what about your wife?"

"Zane" I warned him, I wasn't in the playing mood

"Yes what about your wife?" I turned around to see Rayna standing at her room door, "you said you weren't going to her Nick"

"I am not" I spoke

"Then where are you going?" she said. She was getting on my nerves now

"To aunt Jenny's place" I stated blankly

With that I walked down the stairs and out of the house. Zane locked the door behind me.

"Rayna is possessive of you Alek, I don't think she will let you go"

"If anything I am worried about Emmeline, Zane, I saw how she practiced, it feared me especially when she shut her emotions off, I wouldn't care about Rayna if it wasn't for Lynn, I am more afraid to what will happen if Olivia and Emmeline meets" I sighed, "but for now I need to face the past I tried to put behind me because I foolishly believed my father at that time to actually find out what happened five years ago, because there was more to the eye that it seems"

"That's because you are reckless" he snickered and punched me

"What the fuck was that for?!" I massaged my jaw

"For trying to shoot her for the second time" he said pissed off, "and this" he punched again to my stomach, "was for nearly killing her the first time"

"But she is alive!" I groan out.

"You fucking left her to die idiot! You shot her and she laid on the hard floor with a weak pulse meaning that she nearly died" he pointed out getting on the passenger seat of my car as I got in the driver's, starting it up, "that brings up a question" he looked at me, "how is she alive when we made sure every men and women who came from the Western was dead, there was no way that she could be alive unless we missed someone and that means there was someone who witnessed it all and knows everything about us including that fucking key and vault"

"You mean that there was someone out there hunting for us other than Randez and Tyson?" I asked puzzled, "why don't you think that it could one of them who was hiding among our men or lied on the floor looking dead?"

"You know very well that we made sure everything was burnt when we left that place meaning our men someone from the inside saved Emmy, and that person isn't one of the Westerns, it was one of ours Alek and I get a feeling that it is someone more powerful, someone who thinks their move before doing it and if they are tied with the Westerns maybe we are looking at an attack similar to what happened twenty years ago but something much bigger and dangerous"

20 years ago, The King and Queen of the Mafia World was killed, the attack threw off the balance of the Mafia World.

My heart sank knowing that, 5 years ago I nearly killed Emmeline all because I was angry at her, all because I wanted to get away from feeling the pain and betrayal. And now I was scared again because when I tried to kill her the first time I didn't hesitate at all because my mind was clouded with rage, but the second time I was hesitating, all I wanted to feel was nothing, no rage, no pain and no love. When the bullet never came out from my gun, I knew I loved her alot more than I thought I did and that is what scares me because I was giving her another chance. And now thinking of hurting her seems impossible because although she killed my parents, my sister Lynn I wasn't angry. All I felt was helpless now because I couldn't stop loving her and I knew that we would always cross paths since we were the chaos in each others lives.

"Are you okay?" Zane snapped his fingers

"Do you think there is a chance for us Zane?"

"I am not gay you idiot!" He yelled, I slammed the brakes

"I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about Emmeline" I deadpanned

"Oh" he scratched the back of his neck sheepishly, "I don't know Alek you aimed your gun at her twice and even if you two put the past behind and do love each other will there be peace? Will there be an end to all your sufferings? Will people stop coming after her?" I sighed, "because she is not only the key for the tech world but she is also a part of the key of something much bigger according to uncle Emmett's records and even if she doesn't know she is the rightful Ruler of the Eastern Kingdom just like you are one Alek, it will never be over, we may hide ourselves behind fake names and stay away from the matters of our Kingdom but we can't conceal the truth forever there always will be someone out there trying to kill her or you and since fate loves to play games with true lovers, if it works out amidst everything it would be a miracle" he smiled sadly but also encouragingly

I knew it was hard for him since he lost his love, the only other girl who could tolerate him. It was his funny comebacks and stupid jokes that made him feel that she was with him, I watched as he fiddle with the letter E in his chain.

"Eve would think you have grown to a very wise old man" I joked as he smacked the side of my arm, "Thanks Zane"

I was thankful for Ethan and him for staying beside me, only Xavier was missing.

"If anyone heard the way you thanked me they would think of us as a couple since you said it like you wanted to kiss me" he made kissing noises laughing at my face.

I wanted Ethan to return back to his self too, where he would literally even blow up a house just for the fun of it.