Chapter 22 - Grumpy

Alek POV

"Alek please!" she begged

"I am right here just open your eyes and look" she had her eyes shut tightly as her hands trembled, "you need to let go for that fear princess"

"I can't" she slid down taking me with her, the gun laid besides us as Gabriella covered her face. Ethan walked in with his laptop,

"I always see that attached to his hip" Gabriella mumbled. Ethan was searching anything new regarding her, with the bounty hunters on her, protecting her isn't gonna be easy.

The reason she was here wasn't to give my protection but I couldn't help it. If I wanted her to myself I needed to get rid of the rest first, even if it means taking extreme measures. She had somehow taken my black t-shirt and worn it, she was basically stealing all of my clothes.

She stood up as well did I, she eyed the gun, "What if we try the knives first?" she negotiated

"Damon!" I yelled as he placed the ranged weapons, "take your pick"

She eyed the spears, Swiss arrows, throwing darts, throwing knives, daggers, throwing stars and slings, after observing them, she reached out and picked the daggers and held it in her palm. She bit her lip staring at the dagger, then at her palm

"It won't bite you" I whispered in her ear, she rolled her eyes.

"But he will!" Zane yelled filling his mouth with ice cream.

"Okay" she took a deep breath and stood in the lane number 4, her fingers were trembling as she eyed her cut in the hand again. Only if I could have stopped Samuel before he did that to her.

"Are you saying okay as in okay with Alek biting you?"

"Shut up Zane" she grumbled

"What I was just saying--

"Zane" I warned him, he raised his hand in surrender

"You need to relax Gabriella" I leaned closer to the crook of her neck, she had a strawberry scent that was intoxicating me.

When I gave Gabriella my heart, it was so that I have something against Marcello, his daughter that I can use against him. There might be a reason why she was never in the out world and was hidden. This girl may have more secrets to her than we know. But she was only one of my tasks in my long mission. But being close to her, affects me in ways unknown to me, she was like the drug that you hate but craves, like moth attracted to the fire.

"You are not helping me Alek" her breathing ragged as she clutched the handle of the dagger

I released my hand on her and let her bring the dagger closer to her, "Aim it and throw, it is just like the arrows but without a bow, now focus" I stepped back but still close enough, "aim" she eyed the dummy, "throw" the dagger flew past the dummy and on to the floor, "you need to focus and picture where you want it to hit Gabriella"

Sometimes I start to wander whether she is faking her own abilities and strengths.

"It's hard" she sighed, she was annoyed at herself, she subconsciously touched her neck then sighed again before she started playing with the small ring in her finger, her eyes wandering around the room until they rested on me.

She was searching for her locket, the square locket that looks so similar to hers.

"Why don't you picture the one who hurts you the most?" I stepped in front of her and lifted her face up, "someone you want to hurt or kill?"

She thought for a moment before her eyes glistened, "That would be you" she muttered smirking

"Ouch that hurts" Zane yelled laughing